Chapter 10

Any mistakes, don't hesitate to inform me.

--------

The chattering of my teeth was uncontrollable, however, the weather would've felt nice if it wasn't for the wet clothes clad to my already frozen body. Although, there were some dry spots. the light wind gave me a headache once it hit my head. My hair was still wet as well, plus keeping it in a bun won't make it dry any faster.

The darkness of the sky still hung above us, I hoped the moon remained above for long, or maybe until we reach where we were headed to. Just, please let Harry be in a good mood. Even if that meant to hook up with someone or get wasted. At least he wouldn't be as angry as he would normally be towards the upcoming news part. Or angry with us... or Niall.

"Fuckin' shit, we need to run" I expected him to punch a tree or something, instead he slid his back down against the rough tree bark until his butt contacted the floor, and broke down. Never in a million year will I sit on soil with wet pants. It makes me feel icky. Quiet sobs left his lips, his shaky hands wiped the few stray tears. I walked over to him like a rusty robot and grabbed his shoulders.

"Goddamn.. Horan we have no time to grieve over anyone or anything right now. The only thing we should worry about is getting there before the devil itself comes. Please, just get up and you can race me there if you want. The hills, or mountains, whatever the fuck they are, wont be as dangerous or high like they will be after the semester starts" I said it all quickly, we couldn't afford another minute or two for a heart-to-heart talk. "Just get up" I held my hand out for him, he hesitantly grabbed it and stood up. He wasn't really heavy so I managed to help him up on his feet.

"How come you're so determined to help me?" he lowly asked after half an hour of wobbling like penguins, yet our bodies were still cold. He insisting on carrying the bag the entire way until we reached the hill. There were no sounds of crickets or a sign of any insect hiding out in the trees or beneath our feet. That's just how quiet it is out here in the island. Strange, huh? Everyone gets used to this after freshmen year. The more time you spend here on this island, the more you know about it's odds, the more you detest it. Especially its people.

Once every school year's over, you sail over seas back to whatever continent you came from. But of course, as known, not everyone has the permission to attend these academies. They're for special cased kids; us and the other academies' pupils, in other words. Not all of us were born with different eye colors without inheriting it from any family member. Like all students in our nation that were diagnosed with Alexandria's Genesis, such as me, got the purple eye color from their parents. We (females) don't PMS or grow body hair (except for the eyebrows and hair on the head)- that's for both genders. It was assumed that only females can be diagnosed with this disease, however we proved them wrong.

The Python Academy, or Xanthous Nation, in other words, was the nation below us. Yet, they were almost just as intimidating as the Red Nation. All of them. The notorious Liam Payne was the Prime Minister of the Xanthous. Gosh, he is already just as bad as his own people. However, he definitely is not as bad as Louis Tomlinson, the Prime Minister of the Red Nation. Jeez, does he bring the "in" in "famous". I wonder why is he still working in their nation's government. Oh right, that's because the Prime Ministers basically empower anyone else in any government existing on this island. Even the President.

Although, one must not deny their good looks, as bad and ironic as it sounds, it's too awful to be true. Despite that Louis and Liam are in their early 30s -I'm no stalker, I promise you- How can someone so cruel be so good looking? Harry Styles is another good example on that. Despite that his pictures were unclear, he's so freakin perfect that I felt insecure.

"You're already like a friend to me, and I must always protect my companions" I grew up protecting the people I love rather than them protecting me. That's why I was trusted to attend this academy without any family member checking up on me every month. My patents would have wanted to visit but they said it was too costly.

"Woodson, I'm a man, I don't need a woman lookin' after me" he rolled his eyes, appearing rather annoyed with me. Well then fuck off and be the ungrateful bitch you are. But don't ask for my help.

But do 'you' have a choice with leaving him unprotected whether he needed a friend or not? Of course not.

"It's Williamson. Second, if we bicker about this right here and right now, we'll never reach our destination in time" as much as I wanted to turn my back on all this, this mission wasn't for me. It was for him. I can feel bad vibes coming all the way from Harry's dorm room, if not his customized room for royals.

What the hell! He is all bad, so obviously you'd feel quite uneasy about all this.

You know what? Screw all these thoughts, we've got from two to two and a half hours left. And if we aren't at Harry's room before then or as soon as possible even, then bye bye Planet Earth and hello dear hell.

**

Right hand, left foot. Left hand, right foot. Right, left. Left, right. I repeated the patterned sequence over and over until my hand got ahold of the rock close to the top, peaking out of the small dirt wall. Small, yes, but forms a 90 degree angle with the ground we stand on. Not so dangerous but you can cut yourself with a random twig chilling in the middle of the wall like a reckless teenager jumping over a cliff into an ocean.

Though I'm not sure anyone is that stupid to do so.

With every rock I firmly grasped or laid my foot on, or even a small hole in the wall to put my hand in for support, reminded me of the times in summer I'd go rock mountain climbing in malls or parks. Except, that this time shit just got real and we weren't attached to a rope or any sort.

My wrist glided over a sharp edged stone protruding from the thick endless wall of dirt, allowing my warm blood to drip down my bare arm. We slid off our drenched jackets and shoved them in the bag Niall held over his back since the movement would be easier. I was lucky to bear the crisp air for a little, just this time, otherwise I wouldn't be able to climb if I kept shivering.

I ceased climbing "Uhh, Niall?" I worriedly called out while keeping my eyes on the small but kind of deep cut. I watched the blood drip in slow motion from where I was, all the way down to the bottom. I gulped at the seemingly long distance between my spot and the ground beneath me. One should never look down unless you were on a plane. That's an exception.

"Yeah?" he sounded sort of exhausted from climbing, despite the wall not being huge. There will always be that tiny fear in us that'd exhaust us fast. Nevertheless, the worst thing I could show is a sign of fear.

"Erm I got a cut" I answered, unsure of how to feel.

"We're almost there, we can- shit, there's a small lake at the other end of the wall, you get your blood in it, you're sued" I am almost grateful to have someone as smart as Niall that knows what's ahead of us. I can't imagine traveling all this distance alone.

"Crap, um. It's right in front of the wall?" I asked in hopes he'd say no. But I'd rather not climb down the wall, it's much more difficult as far as I know.

"What do you think?"

Just tell me, are we just sued? Or are we sued...

...by one furious Harry Styles??

----------

Shit just got real. Vote and Comment if you want the updates faster (I'm not gonna deceive you this time. I'll try my best with updates)

Can I get some feedback too?