Chapter 9

Cough.

Cough.

You know, swimming during nighttime, at your own risk, with an Irish friend -or so I think he is- helping you out of the chilly river isn't the most pleasant idea at all. I wasn't the world's greatest swimmer, nor was I not capable of swimming at all. However, I managed to remember how dad taught me to swim to the bottom.

"Swim like a frog" he'd say. Left and right arm move opposite directions, legs push forward and so the same as the arm movements.

As soon as I ran out of breath, I jumped up, almost to sink back down but with Niall's support, he held me up by my arms. "I-is there a fas-ter way t-to reach-reach land?" One thing that surprised me when I looked at his face was the fact that my waterproof eyeliner actually is waterproof. You never know how big of a liar the company can be, trying to sell you the best eyeliner you could find, when in reality, they just want your money.

"N-no but we should m-move" he coughed and proceeded swimming beside me. The moment my head hit the water, I felt the urge to cry out in annoyance. When will the moment in which we reach the goddamned Red Nation come?

"Considering the fact that Kristen Styles was executed earlier, then her brother might as well torture me to no end. So why not?"

Right.. So shit, I should be rather grateful and happy to swim deep down to Bikini Bottom than wish to see Styles. I can only imagine the horrifying image of him torturing Niall by a whip. Only have I seen him from afar and a few unclear pictures from hormonal girls in our academy. I have no idea how they managed to take his pictures, no one had any connection whatsoever to a different a pupil from a different academy as far as I know and besides Niall and Kristen. No offence to Styles' and Niall, but students with any connection to another nation is only smart. We all know eventually it will not end well, not even for me, however if it was to be there for Niall then I'll take my risks. I felt the need to stay by his side after the tragedy; he needed a friend without knowing it.

A friend. Every year I befriended someone, and then forget them the next year or vise versa. Not the wisest or best choice, but it seems normal to everyone around here. I'm not saying that I picked up on that habit from the environment, it's hard to explain. It's mostly my fault I lack friendships, actually.

 After a few times of sticking our heads out the water, we have finally reached the other side. The chilly air hit my exposed soaked skin causing the goosebumps to rise on every inch of my skin, my arms wrapped around myself securely as my teeth chattered and my body shook. Niall hurriedly tip toed to the bag laying against a tree bark, unzipped it then tossed me my red shirt. We had no time to dry ourselves with our clothes because that would only waste, what I assumed, and our little time we had left. Apparently we forgot to bring a towel at least, oh well; we didn't have the time to think about that anyways. I tied my hair with the now blood red elastic band that was around my wrist, besides, I get bothered to have my hair down while wet.

 "Hand o-over my-" I put my arm on my mouth once I begun to cough; I hoped that I wouldn't get sick afterwards. If I did, Harry wouldn't do anything about it and Niall won't be capable of doing so because we obviously did not bring any medication with us. I'd feel bad if Niall got sick, but that's the last thing he'd care about. Right now we should be concerned about whether Harry will be enraged with the upcoming news or will he take it lightly, being the heartless prick he is.

It is his sister after all, so "he" might as well be wrathful.

I somehow doubt my subconscious; I mean Harry is, as highly known, unbelievably heartless. Yet, when you come to think about it, anyone would be mourning over the death of their close ones.

 "-pants" I continued once my coughs have ceased. At least I'm glad to wear a red shirt and not some other color such as white, the last thing I needed was the perverted Harry to make comments about a see-through shirt.

My feet were dirty due to stepping on the soil. Quickly, I dipped my feet into the water and it took me a while to slip my jeans over my legs. Now that they were soggy, they glued to my numb legs. When I took a quick glance at Niall, he was already fully dressed and checking his phone. Well that was quick.

"Carly?" he called out in a low panicked whisper.

"A message?" I asked, Harry's threats can never be ignored. Being Harry, the worldwide shithead, there was no way you can escape his prison.

"Worse.. We have three hours left til midnight, and we still got a long way ahead of us"

 ---------------

Correct me if there are errors.