omg they baby

Soulmates. Two people that are destined to be together. Soulmates are sent into the world with no clue who their other half is. Luckily, The universe is kind enough to give soulmates a red string, one end tied to a person's finger, and the other end tied to their soulmate's finger.

Once the Red string first appears, it disappears, and reappears at random. It usually appears for the first time when a person is 5-8 years old, and for 8 year old Evan Hansen, today was that day.

~~🌲~~

Evan was drawing in his Tree Coloring book when it happened. Two bright almost glowing red strings suddenly appeared on the page. Evan looked at them curiously, drawn in by their aura, and saw that one string was tied to his index finger, and the other was tied to his middle finger.

Evan didn't know that much about soulmates. He only knew they existed because he remembered when his dad got in that truck, he said something about finding his soulmate, and then he left. That day, Evans mom told him about soulmates, and how he was eventually going to get a red string tied to his finger too.

He knew that the red string connected you and your soulmate, so why were there two strings? Did the universe make a mistake and accidentally give him two? Was it completely intentional? Evan had no idea, considering he's only eight years old and has the intelligence of potato.

~🌲~

It was when Heidi came in for her lunch break. She sat down her bags, popped some leftovers from the night before into the microwave, then went down the hall to check in on Evan.

She gave a gentle knock on Evan's door before walking into his room. where she found him on the floor, with crayons sprawled all around him, coloring like usual.

"Hey sweetie" She called out to him.

Evan stopped coloring and looked up at her.

"Oh hi mommy!"

"Hey, I'm gonna need you to pack an overnight bag, cause I'm gonna take you over to Jared's, and then you're gonna stay the night for a sleepover, ok?"

"Ok...but why?"

"Well, I have to go back to work, and I won't be home until really late at night, and I want to make sure you're safe."

"hmmMMmmm OK!" Evan grabbed his crayons, put them in a bag, grabbed the coloring book and put all of the items in a cubby.

"Hey mommy, I have a question..."

"Hmm?

"Well...my soulmate string appeared toda-"

"Awww that's great!"

"But um,, there's t-two strings? Do you know what that means?"

Heidi was in shock, because she didn't know what that meant, she'd probably have to research it later, but for now she'd take an educated guess.

"Well sweetie, I don't know for sure, but I think that means you have two soulmates."

".0. Really?! That's so cool!!

"Yea I know right! Now hurry up and pack. We'll leave in like ten minutes." and with that Heidi left the room, and went back to the kitchen to go eat lunch.

~🌲~

Jared's house is only a few blocks away so the drive there doesn't take long. But that doesn't stop Heidi from making sure Evan packed everything he needed to pack.