omg they goin on a date yass

First dateebfhabsjkfbskjd (i did not mean for this chapter to be so long but, whatever)

Evan and Jared walked Connor home. They were both holding the taller boy's hand on the way there.

All three of their faces were hot as hell. They didn't make any conversation, since there was a comfortable silence that had fallen over them. And none of them dare break it.

They eventually made it to Connor's house. Connor let go of the other boy's hands as he began to walk up his long gaping driveway. Leaving them behind.

"Wait-" Evan began, grabbing onto Connors arm before he could get far, "let us come with you."

Connor turned around, looking at Evan then looking at Jared, as if to see if the shorter boy was fine with that.

Jared noticed the stare, "what he said."

Connor grinned, "Alright," he paused, "no holding hands though."

Evan and Jared nodded, and soon they all began making their way up the driveway. Connor reached the door and was about to knock, but he hesitated. He looked around at Evan and Jared, who were looking at him with encouragement. With newfound confidence, Connor sucked in a breath and knocked on the door.

Barely a second passed before Cynthia answered the door.

"Who could be visiting at this hour of the nigh-" Cynthia cut herself off as she noticed her sons face, "Oh Connor-" tears welled up in her eyes, she sucked in those tears and put a more stern face on, "what- do you think you were doing out, so late at night?" there was a strong edge on her voice

"I uhh," Connor stuttered, thinking of an excuse, "I was taking a walk at the park...?"

"A walk at the park?! Connor that is hardly a reason to leave the house without out permissio-" Cynthia cut herself off as she suddenly noticed two boys who she had never seen before.

She cleared her throat, "I apologize, who are you two?" She asked said boys.

"Jared Kleinman," Jared did finger guns.

"I'm umm, I'm Evan, Evan Hansen." Evan managed to get out. Talking to adults was scary

"Well, it's delightful to meet you, Jared, and Evan. and um, how do you know Connor?"

"Oh, well um-" Evan began, trying to think of a lie on the spot, which he'd never been good at.

Jared saved Evan. "Were his friends, and we ran into him at the park. Thought we should walk him home."

Cynthia seemed taken aback, surprised that Connor actually had the ability to communicate with people without scaring them away.

"O-oh- well, that's quite nice of you..." Cynthia said softly.

"Yep!" Jared added, "and, we were wondering if Connor could hang out with us tomorrow?"

Jared said that like it was nothing, meanwhile Connor was shaking (in his boots).

"Well, yea sure, I don't see why not." Cynthia replied.

Connor couldn't stop the smile that made its way onto his face. Same with jared and Evan.

"Alright, coolio." Jared said, "welp, Ev and I should probably get going. See ya later Mrs.Murphy, and Connor!" Jared said before grabbing Evan's hand and dragging him down the drive way.

"Later," Connor replied softly, giving a small wave goodbye.

Connor was about to go inside when his mom stopped him. 'Shit, parental communication.' he thought to himself.