why does this exist

Just a small bonus chapter with Heidi and Evan lol

It was the next day at 6am, and Heidi and Evan were in the kitchen eating breakfast before Heidi had to leave for work. Heidi was eating a piece of toast, along with a cup of coffee, while Evan was pouring himself some knock off/store brand honey bunches of oats- *cough cough* i mean, Crunchy Honey and Oats.

Evan avoided eye contact with Heidi, as he usually did. Heidi though, was far too lost in her own thoughts to pay attention. What was she thinking about? Well, its something along the lines of 'how the fuck to I bring up the fact that i saw Evan and Jared kissing last night.'

Evan was about to put a spoonful of cereal in his mouth when he heard his mom say,

"So...I didn't know you liked Jared."

Evan dropped his spoon, letting it fall into the bowl as soon as he heard that. His face heated up and he had no doubt he looked like a tomato right now. He was trying to figure out what to say, but his mind was racing and he couldn't focus. He did eventually stutter out,

"w-what?"

"Or were you two just kissing in a...i don't know, 'best friend way'"

"I- uh- w-wsehfsudhfksdhdsfsdakjgfhdsfkdfiskhfa"

Heidi had to stop herself from laughing. She took a deep breath and remembered what she was trying to do. To get some fricking answers.

"Seriously though," Heidi took another breath, "care to explain what you and Jared were doing last night?"

"Well...i- ,, uhhh" It was clear Evan was tense.

Heidi sighed, she only had a few minutes left before she had to leave for work. Better make the most of it. She put a calm expression on her face and looked at her son, though she knew he wouldn't look back.

"Evan...I wont be mad if you and Jared are dating. I just want to know whats going on in your life So i can be better prepared to support you. Surely you can understand that?"

Evan gave a small nod.

"Alright, thank you. So...can you please tell me what the status of yours and Jared's relationship is?"

Evan gave another small nod and said,

"J-jared and i are d-dating. We f-found out we w-were s-soulmates about t-two weeks ago, and y-yea... Jared uh also has t-two strings. I d-didn't t-tell you about it b-because i wanted t-to wait until Jared a-and i discovered w-who's c-connected to our other s-strings...and...y-yeah...."

Evan was staring at the floor the whole time he said that. Scared his mom was lying about not being mad. It didn't seem like something she would do but, Anxiety does that to you.

"Thank you for telling me this sweetie." Heidi gave Evan a soft smile.

"Yea, n-no problem mom."

Heidi glanced at the clock above the oven,

'6:25'

"OH SHIT- sorry Evan, I gotta go to work," Heidi frantically finished off her coffee and grabbed her bags, "Have a great day at school love you bye!!" Heidi kissed Evan's forehead before heading out the door.

Evan watched Heidi walk out the door. He felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He was no longer hiding such a big secret from his mom, and now he felt like he could actually talk to her if he felt he needed to.

Word count: 563

So yeah, this was just a short bonus chapter I felt like including because I thought this scene with Evan and Heidi is pretty important to the story. (i didn't want to add it to the last chapter because I felt like it would've made it way to long)

The next chapter is gonna be a huge time skip to the summer before senior year, unless yall want a kleinsen fluff chapter. (though, i'm not that good at writing cheesy fluff if that's what you're looking for)