impulses are good

A continuation from last chapter uwu

Jared's shift ended and he quickly left Lush to go find Connor. He heard the notification for his phone go off, and checked it to see he got a text from Evan.

2:31 pm

Evan <3: Is your shift over?

2:31 pm

Jared <3: yea, but the flirting with connor went really well,,

Jared <3: and he invited me to go to barnes & noble with him

2:32 pm

Evan <3: :D

Evan <3: Nice!!

2:32 pm

Jared <3: ikr!

Jared <3: also, zoe murphy found her soulmate-!

2:33 pm

Evan <3: :0

Evan <3: That's so cool!

Evan <3: Were you right about her soulmate being Alana Beck?

2:34 pm

Jared <3: ikr!!!

Jared <3: idk for sure, but yea im p sure her soulmate is alana

2:34 pm

Evan <3: Nice.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jared saw the infamous Connor Murphy approaching.

2:34

Jared <3: yea B)

Jared <3: also, gtg connors here

2:34

Evan <3: Okie! Bye, love you! <3

Before Jared got the chance to even read Evans text, he heard Connor Murphy's voice,

"Sup kleinman, you ready?"'

"Obviously." Jared said while pocketing his phone, without responding to Evans text.

The two of them left the mall and walked to the Barnes & Noble just across the parking lot. Jared held the door open while Connor walked inside.

"Do you know where the fuck the manga is?" Connor asked.

Jared groaned, "maybe? I dont fuking know though. I swear they're always changing the layout of this place lol."

"Dude i know right."

That was...weird. Did Jared and Connor just agree on something for once?? What the fuck??!?! Jared tried to stare at the fellow teen. Maybe mutual hatred does make people get along.

"But um, I think it might be near the back or something, I don't know for sure though."

"If its not there, I'm blaming you." Connor said before walking to the back.

"Hey- wait up!!" Jared responded, frantically running after Connor. Stupid short legs.

Jared did eventually catch up with Connor. Luckily. Still had barely any clue where the manga was though.