deleted scenes lol

hey yall, um so here are some deleted scenes that didn't make it in because they didn't fit with the plot but are still pretty cool and yeah.

this scene was going to take place in chapter 12, where Evan and Connor are at the Orchard together

~🌲~

"Whatthefuck, Hansen?"

"Whatthe,thefuck, Connor?"

"Wait, this makes the... 2nd time we've encountered each other here?"

"Yea, yea i think so?"

"Well, at least this time you're not unconscious on the fucking ground."

"Haha yea,,"

Shit, this was the last thing Evan needed right now. He hadn't even looked at Connor yet, he was just staring at the taller teen's shoes.

"So, you uh, Come here often?" Connor said, not liking the silence that had fallen between them.

"Well, considering i come here, come here um whenever i'm stressed, yea I uh come here quite often."

Connor laughed, "haha same." he paused, "um about today, in the hallway and in the computer lab..."

Connor ran a hand through his hair. He couldn't do this. He hadn't apologized for anything in years.

"Look, I didn't mean to be so fucking rude. I-" he paused again, "you're actually really cool and i want to be friends with you...if you don't mind being friends with the school edge lord."

Connor winced as he finished the sentence. This was a bad idea. He looked down at Evan to see his reaction, which was a mistake. It's not that Evan looked disgusted, or anything. Nonono, it was just the afternoon sun shining through the tree tops and it lit Evans face beautifully.

Connor turned away from the shorter boy before he died of overheating. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfu-

"That'd be, that'd be nice." Evans voice pierced Connors thoughts.

"What?" Connor replied.

"ahhhImSorryImSorry, youwere, you were probably joking about being my, about being my friend and i thought you were, you were being serious im sorry."

"Woah woah Hansen slow down. I was being serious. I do want to be your friend. I just need to know if you want to be mine." Connor gave a slight smile at the end.

Evan finally looked up at the taller teen. Which he regretted ever so slightly. The sun was shining slightly behind Connor, which made his hair look auburn and amazing. It was so fucking pretty.

Evan felt his face get hotter. Cause like, Evan knew Connor was hot. Everyone with eyes knew that. He just didn't know Connor could be so beautiful. Connor looked so kind with that slight genuine smile on his face, completely different from the Connor Evan saw in the hallway.

If being Connor's friend meant Evan could see this more often, then hell yea. They're fucking besties now.

"Oh, ye-yea, i would love to be your friend Connor." Evan returned a smile

"Shit, well why didn't you just say so Hansen?"

Evan laughed slightly, and a silence fell over the two boys. Connor rocked back and forth on his heels,

"So uh what now?" Connor began.

"We could um, we could talk?"

"True true. About what though?"

Evan shrugged, when suddenly a thought hit him,

"Wait, why did you um, why did you never text me?"

"Right, shit. well, " Connor ran a hand through his hair, "since, on that day, i got home later than usual, my parents took away my fucking phone, so I wasn't able to text you."