treebros angst lovers come get ur juice

T r e e b r o s    a n g s t

It was the end of school and Evan was in the computer room. Writing his therapy letter. He had decided to delete the letter from that morning and just start fresh.

Dear Evan Hansen, turns out this isn't going to be an amazing day, or week, or year because why would it be?

I wish everything was different. I wish I was a part of something. I wish Jared would sign my fucking cast already-

Maybe Evan shouldn't include that part...he quickly backspaced. He was still pissed Jared forgot to sign his cast during lunch though. He continued the letter.

I wish anything I said mattered to anyone. I mean face it, other than my mom and insanely cool boyfriend, would anybody notice if i disappeared tomorrow? But then there's Connor, and all my hope is pinned on Connor. Who I don't even know, and who doesn't know me. I wish I had the guts to just talk to him.

Sincerely, your best and more dearest friend,

Me.

Evan scanned over the letter before deciding it was good enough and clicked print. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Connor walk into the computer room. Why Connor walked into the room was a mystery to Evan. Still, Evan tensed his shoulders trying to make himself seem small.

"Sup Hansen." Connor said, getting on top of one of the desks

"Oh, um h-hi Connor..."

"Nobody's signed your cast yet."

"Oh, yea no, Jared's gonna um, sign it after schoo-"

"Can I sign it?"

"oh, uh yea sure."

Evan held out his arm, and Connor grabbed it firmly. Evan winced at the slight pain, Connor noticed it and loosened his grip.

"Do you have a sharpie?"

"Yea, here you go." Evan said, grabbing a sharpie out of his backpack and handing it to Connor.

Connor took the cap off the sharpie using his mouth and signed Evan's cast. Making his signature as large as possible, simply so Evan wouldn't have to look down at an empty cast and be reminded of how lonely he is.

Connor finished signing the cast. He put the cap back on the sharpie and handed it back to the blonde in front of him. Hoping he would see this was Connor's attempt at apologizing for shoving him earlier.

"There you go, now we can both pretend we have friends."

Evan was about to say something like, 'we don't have to pretend.' but Connor was already walking out the door. Though Connor didn't make it all the way out, he stopped at the printer. Evan's face paled as Connor picked up the paper.

"Hey this is yours right? Dear Evan hansen?"

"Oh, umyea, that, that's mine! It was an assignment for, for school." Evan replied, hoping Connor would just give it to him.

Connor was about to do that, but Evan saw his eyes briefly scan the paper before his expression turned to something which can only be described as disgust.

"Because there's Connor,, and all my hope is pinned on Connor?"

"Oh i-"

"What the fuck Hansen. You wrote this just to freak me out didn't you?"

"N-no, thats not-"

"Yeah, you saw me walk in and so you wrote this so I would freak out."

"Fuck you Hansen." Connor said, walking out of the computer room. Leaving Evan by himself.