omg is this the climax of the story

TW: Self Harm & Attempted Suicide

Things were terrible.

Connor's parents caught him cutting again, so obviously, they removed his door. Literally like, talk to Connor? No. remove his door so he has no privacy? Fuck yea.

It doesn't make sense. Why does his life suck so much? He's barely been able to befriend Evan. Sure he talks to the kid, but Evan's usually talking to Jared. Which makes it hard for Connor to join in.

He can't watch My Little Pony in science class with Jared anymore. Their teacher caught them and now closely monitors them so now he can barely bond with Jared.

To summarize it all up, shits fucked.

So, he made a promise to himself, unless a fucking miracle happens at school today, and he magically becomes Evan and Jared's bestie, or boyfriend....he would kill himself once he gets home.

Simply because, Evan and Jared are the only hope in his life right now, and if he cant talk to them, or be around them, then was there any point in existing?

Connor sighed as he slipped on his backpack, and waited by the front door for Zoe.

"Hey, I noticed your door was missing." Zoe said as she walked up to Connor.

"Why the fuck do you care." he responded, walking out the door to the car, Zoe following.

"Look, just because you don't care about my problems, doesn't mean I can't care about yours." Zoe got into the passenger seat.

"Fuck off." He got into the driver's seat and pulled out of the driveway.

"Did they catch you cutting again?"

Connor flinched.

"I'll take that as a yes."

He didn't respond.

"Connor look, you should be able to talk to me. I'm the only other person in the world who knows what it's like to live with our parents."

"I don't need your pity."

"It's not pity Connor."

"Well whatever it is, I don't fucking need it!"

"Ugh you're impossible."

The rest of the car ride was silent. Connor felt slightly bad. (not bad enough to apologize tho smh) The door to actually talking to his sister was wide open, and he slammed it shut. Like he always did.

~🌲~

Zoe got out of the car as soon as Connor pulled up to the school. She needed to gather her thoughts. Sure, she could have gathered her thoughts in the silent car ride, but she didn't feel like it then.

So now here she was walking through the halls of her school. Thinking about her sad attempt at getting a sibling relationship with Connor.

That was the third time she'd tried to befriend Connor. At this point she's decided it's not worth it.

Relationships require effort from all sides, right? So if Connor wasn't willing to put in the effort, then why should she?

Besides, she didn't really need a healthy relationship with her brother, especially considering...

"Hey Zoe!" Alana beck out.

She already had a healthy relationship with her soulmate. And that was all she needed right now.

"Sup Alana." Zoe paused for a second, "Hey are you free this weekend? I need to get away from my family."

"No, sadly. My biology teacher is having this nature walk thing for his students, it's optional, but whoever goes gets extra credit, and you know how I feel about extra credit."