Chapter 29

BELLAS POV

So maybe I overacted a tiny little bit. And yes I missed Matt and it had only been a day. I feel like a different person though. Almost like I've evolved in some way. Meanwhile Matt is still the same Matt from when I first met him. Honestly it's crazy to think about.

When I first met Matt the tension was crazy but I was me. Me back then was this really antisocial butterfly and now I'm, well I'm still kind of the same. But I have a new friend! And me and people don't really go well together if you haven't gathered that by now.

"Bella are you awake?" Matt looks at me and I look up at him with a smile.

"Oh yeah I was just thinking." I reply.

"About?"

"Me. Do you think that I've changed a bit since we first met?" I ask.

He looks at me for a couple of seconds and then runs his hands through my hair. "Yeah your nose has gotten bigger."

I smack his hands off my hair and get up from the couch.

"I'm kidding!" He laughs and pulls me back down. "Yeah you have changed. For the better I think. I mean not for the better for your mom because I'm always with you but you have changed."

"How so?" I question.

"Well for starters you are a little more outgoing. Not as shy. Which is really good because it means you're comfortable with me. But it's not just that, you also just have a different glow kind of."

I scrunch you my face in confusion and laugh a little. "A glow? Don't really know what glow I had when snot was running down my face yesterday." He glares at me.

"Come Bella, you're so flipping gorgeous. Snot or not." He kisses my forehead and then bops my nose before I swat his hand away.

"Ew man don't do that. Also you didn't swear. That's very weird."

"Well maybe I wanted to change a little." He shrugs and I check my phone.

"Holy shrimp! It's 1 am! My moms going to kill me." I spring up and throw on my shoes.

"Want me to walk you to your door?" He asks and I shake me head.

"It's not like I'm going to get kidnapped walking 6 feet."

"Well anything is possible." I laugh a little then walk out the door.

When I walk into my house I notice nothing. My mom isn't sleeping on the couch waiting for me to come home.

"Bell." I turn around and Brian is staring at me.

"Well that's creepy."

"1 am. Who knew you had it in you." He says.

"Okay look it's my fault I lost track of time and as soon as I looked at my phone I came straight here."

"It's fine. Mom knows where you are and that you're safe. I think she really likes him." That makes smile.

"Alright well I'm tired so I'm going to head to bed. Wait why are you up?" I ask realizing he is just sitting there at 1 in the morning.

"Oh-um well you see-" I cut him off before he finishes his sentence.

"Oh I see. Someone was seeing a certain someone weren't they?" By his evasive tone of voice and guilty look in his face, I get my answer. "Goodnight Brian."

I head up the stairs making sure I don't make any noise as I sneak into my room. When I get into my room I notice Matt in his window looking at me. Well that's also creepy.

I open up my window. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you didn't get kidnapped." He smiles at me.

"Alright well I did not get kidnapped so goodnight!" I start closing my window but he frowns.

"Wow so mean."

"It's 1 in the morning! I have to go to school tomorrow and I don't want to be exhausted." I yawn and wipe my eyes trying to stay awake.

"Okay okay. Goodnight, I love you." Him saying that nearly makes my heart melt as cheesy as that sounds.

"Goodnight, I love you too." I close my window and then my curtains.

Okay I lied. I'm not going to sleep right away. I kind of wanted to read a little bit before I went to bed because it's been a while.

I take out "turtles all the way down" by John Green. This was one of the first books I read and I loved it. John Green made me fall in love with books at a very young age. I think I liked this book because I related to Aza in some ways and I felt really alone back then. Reading actually just made me feel less alone. It may be weird but that's who I am.

Almost an hour later and I feel it's definitely time to go to sleep. I'm definitely going to be tired tomorrow but I'll deal with it.

"Morning." Brian smiles at me and I throw my hair into a bun.

"Morning." My mom comes from around the corner and glares at the both of us.

"If you two stay out at night tell me. I sleep by myself in house now."

"I'm sorry mama. I promise it won't happen again." I say feeling a little bad for her.

"Famous last words." Brian says and I shove him onto the ground.

"Okay I'm off to school! Love you mom." I grab my bag and head out the door.

"Perfect timing." Matt comes out of the door at the same time as me.

"How was your sleep?" I ask him.

"It was great. Better than usual." He replies opening the car door for me. "How was yours?"

"Oh it was okay. I had a dream that I stepped on a frog and it died and then I started crying." He looks at me with a concerned look on his face.

"Uh I'm sorry."

"Let's go. I wanna get this over with." He starts the car and we leave.

Gosh I hate school.

A/N: so honestly I was about to stop writing this until I was spammed with notifications! GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL! I promise I will try and update more often! I was not expecting this to blow up at all and then all of the sudden it did and honestly I could cryyyy thank you guys! But any of you want to tell me where you saw my book?