Chapter 16

A/N: Holy crap you guys! 1k views, I love you all so so so much. Thank you all, really this means so much to me.

BELLA POV
"What?" I ask while turning back to him.

"I can't stay cramped up in this hospital all day. I'm depressed enough as it is. Wait, where is Lizzy?"

"I'm assuming at school. My mom would have brought her." He lets out a breath of relief. "Where do you want to go if not the hospital?"

"Well I was thinking my house. We could take a bus back." Buses? Me and buses do not mix whatsoever. Matt obviously sees the worry on my face because puts one hand on my face.

"I'll be with you the whole time Bella." He assures me.

"I- uh- okay." I agree. This isn't going to go well.

Holy crap my heart is beating so fast right now. We are at the bus stop waiting for, well obviously the bus.

"You're gonna be okay. It's a bus. I've been on them a thousand times, I'll hold your hand if you want." It's easy for him to say. He doesn't have crippling anxiety that stops me from doing absolutely anything.

"Okay." I blow out a breath and see a bus coming and then my anxiety rises again.

The bus stops and opens the door and people come out of it. Matt starts walking and I follow very slowly behind. The bus is really crowded so there is only one seat left over.

"I'll sit there and you can sit on top of me?" Matt asks and I nod my head. Wait what?!

"I'm too heavy. That's not a good idea." The bus starts and I almost tumble over.

"Too bad." Matt pulls me onto his lap and when I try to get off he places his hand on my hips. So I try to lighten my weight on him but it's kind of impossible. He doesn't seem affected whatsoever but he is on the football team.

"Are you sure you aren't dying?" I ask him and his grip on my hips get harder and I get a tingly sensation down in my area.

"Bella, I'm doing the exact opposite of dying." Suddenly there is a bump on the road and I go up and back down onto Matt's lap and he groans. "Holy fuck." He whispers into my ear.

"What?" I ask in panic. "Are you hurt? Did I hurt you? See I told you I was too he-" he stops me by putting my hand on his pants. My eyes nearly pop out of sockets when I realize what I'm touching.

"That's why I made that sound Bella. Not because I was dying." My cheeks burn and I suddenly feel excited and embarrassed at the same time.

The bus stops and Matt lets me off so I'm assuming this is our stop. He runs off of the bus and I slowly walk out of it.

"Can you walk any slower?" He ask me and then he starts running down our street to his house. He unlocks his door while I slowly walk over to him.

Once I follow him into his house he pushes me against the wall and starts kissing up my neck.  God I would be lying if I didn't say his dominance right now didn't turn me on.

"Matt," I urge him to stop but nothing happens. "Matt, you're not in the right mind space."

He backs up from me and runs a hand through his hair. "I need a distraction. My moms dying and I know I can't live without her. How am I supposed do anything without her? She's my entire life. Her and Liz are all I've got left. I- I," he stops and I realize the sudden redness in his eyes and the tears threatening to drop from his eyes.

I walk over to him and embrace him in a tight hug as he cries into my shoulder. I hold his head in one of my hands and one arm wrapped his torso.

"I'll be here for you every step of the way. Don't ever think that I won't." He hugs onto me tighter. I can already feel the pain he's feeling so I don't continue talking.

When my dad died, all I wished for was for everyone to shut up. I know how harsh that sounds but everyone constantly saying I'm so sorry for your loss was so painful. They didn't even know who he was and yet they showed up at the funeral. They never got a chance to meet my dad. The amazing guy who raised me and my brother to be the people we are today. I miss him so much but I've come to realize the fact that he's gone and I've accepted it. But with Matt, it's all so new. He has had so much more time to grow close to his mom and I can't imagine how hard it is for him and his sister.

"I think we should pick up Liz." Matt says after pulling away from me and sitting down on the couch. "She should be able to see my mom as much as possible before," he takes a deep breath and wipes the tears of his face.

"Okay," I say quietly. "Let's go get her."

After picking Liz up from school, Matt told her and it ended up in all of us crying together. Matt took Liz to the hospital and I decided to stay outside out the room for obvious reasons. It's been around 20 minutes when they come out of the room. Liz has eyes as red as cherry's and her sobs are screeching loud.

"Hey hey hey." I go up to Liz who hugs me right away.

"Mommy." She whines into my shoulder. Her cries are probably heard throughout the whole hallway.

"We should go outside." Matt says.

Liz hold onto my arm while we walk outside of the hospital.

"I can call Brian to pick us up." I say and Matt nods.
"Except I forgot my phone." I remembered.

"Right." He gives me his phone and I dial Brian's number.

"Hello?" The other side of the phone says.

"I'm sorry who is this?" I ask.

"It's Renee. Who is this?" She says.

"I'm Brian's sister. Can I speak to him?" My annoyed tone must be visible be used she grunts on the other end and yells his name.

"Bell?" He asks.

"We are at the hospital. Can you pick us up?" Before he finishes the sentence a car comes out of nowhere and I head my name being called before my vision becomes black.