Chapter 15

A/N: sorry for updating so slowly. Love you all and thank you for 700 reads! Also I'm so sorry this is a horrible chapter:(

BELLA

God I need to know what happened. The sadness in his eyes when he looked back at me. He looked as if his heart had been broken into a thousand pieces.

We took Liz when she came home in the morning and we told her, that her mom was just out for a little bit with Matt. I hate lying to people but in all honestly, my family didn't have the slightest idea of what was actually going on with Matt's mom. We saw the lights outside and immediately rushes out just in time to see her get carried away. I don't know what I would have done if Matt was the one being taken. I don't even want to imagine that.

"We should go visit now." I tell my mom but she shakes her head.

"You go visit but we not bring Lizzy there. Too scary for her right now." I sigh and then look over to Liz with a smile on my face.

"I'm gonna go out for a bit. I'll see you later." She smiles at me and gives me a hug.

"Bye Bella." She is so sweet.

I leave the house right when Brian gets here and then I ask for a ride. Of course he agreed and took me to the hospital.

Once I get there I ask for where her room number is and they tell me that if I'm not family, I have no visiting privileges. Which is crap because now-

"Bella?" My head whips around so fast that I nearly get whiplash.

"Matt." I say as I start walking closer.

I don't say another word before he crashes a huge hug onto me and I hug him back. No matter what's going on right now., I will always be there for him.

Once he finally pulls away he wipes a tear from his face and looking at that one tear makes me want to burst out crying.

"It's not good Bella. They say that from what they see, it would be very unlikely if she made it past Friday." The way Matt is staring at me right now is the worst feeling in the world. It's like he's lost all hope and I can't have that happen.

"God I'm so sorry Matt. I can't even imagine." I move toward him once again and give him another hug.

Matt sighs and then puts his arms tightly around me.

"Thank you for coming. Really I needed someone here." I smile at his words.

"I'm always here for you." When he pulls away slightly from the hug, he looks me in the eye. Quite literally he stares deep into my soul like he's looking for some sort of answer and I feel so bad that I can't give it to him. I'm caught off guard when he crashes his lips to mine. At first I freeze but then I kiss him back.

We pull away from the kiss and sit down on the waiting chairs in the hospital.

"Listen Bella, I haven't said this to you yet but I really do appreciate you. I can't believe I didn't even know your name until a while ago. The fact that I didn't notice you in the hallways. You're so god damn beautiful and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You light up very room you go in. And I just wanted to say thank you." I start crying and trying to wipe away the tears with my sweater. He looks at me startled and then puts his hand in mine.

"Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Panic flashes though his eyes.

"You don't need to th-thank me. I-If anything I-I should thank you." I say between small whimpers and tears.

"Thank me? God I've done nothing but mess up your life. I dragged you into everything and you just allowed it. That's why I'm thanking you." I wipe all of my tears and take a deal breath.

"I'm happy to help you whenever. My life is boring anyways. You helped me get outside of my shell. Although I'm still practically fully inside my shell, I made a new friend." A doctor comes out and signals for Matt to leave and when he gets up, he looks back at me and smiles before he leaves.

Should I stay here? I can't leave Matt here all alone to wallow in his sadness. But I've got school. No, school isn't as important as this. Yes it is, I've got exams coming up.

Next thing I know, someone is tapping shoulder as I open my eyes to find myself still in the hospital. Oh shoot! My mom is probably going to kill me. What time is it.

"Bella?!" Matt shakes me and sighs. "I thought you were paralyzed for a second. Did you stay here all night?"

"What time is it?" I ask quickly.

"10 in the morning." My eyes nearly pop out of my socket. I look for my phone in my pocket but I must have forgotten it when I came over here.

"So you didn't mean to stay here overnight?" There is a hint of disappointment in his eyes and I start to calm down.

"Well I mean to stay here until you wanted me to leave. I just didn't tell my mom anything and I forgot my phone at home."

"You can use my phone. And there is school so you can leave." The time he is giving off is harsh but the way he says it makes me think he is trying to be nice.

"I don't want to leave you here alone." I say to try and lighten his mood.

"I'll be fine. Really." His mother is dying. Nothing about that is fine.

"I'm staying with you." I say as I sit back down on my chair.

"Really I'm fine. You should probably go. Exams are coming up."

"I can study for exams another time. I want to stay. Hospitals smell nice." I shrug and I see the hint of a smile playing at his lips.

"Well you should still probably call your mom." He gives me his phone and I gladly take it. I dial my moms number and tell her about my situation. At first when I ask her to stay home from school it's a hard no, but when she hears about Matt's mom she allows it. Only for today.

"Want to go get some food?" Matt asks me after I hang up.

"Uh sure. But isn't hospital food gross? At least from what I've heard."

"Well McDonald's is just across the street." He takes my hand and we walk out of the building.

"I'm really sorry about your mom Matt. But I'm here for you and Lizzy anytime you need me. I would do anything for you." I smile at him as we sit down in a booth.

He looks me in the eyes again and I know I hats about to happen. So instead of him always doing it first, I crash his lips to mine. He grabs ahold of my face with one of his hands and then I feel his smile against my lips.

"This may be inappropriate to say at the moment but whenever we kiss, I get really hard." He smiles and I look down at his pants and surely enough he's right. "Made you look." We laugh together and then he gets up to go order our food at the counter.

Once we finish our food we head back the hospital. We are almost in the hospital when Matt stops.