Chapter 31

*warning: contains some mature content...read at your own risk

BELLAS POV

I stare at the door as he walks out of it. Okay what was that?

"Well then," Devin awkwardly moves away from me.

"Has he said something to you?" I ask getting you from the couch.

"He's said that you've been different, but in my opinion it's both of you." Maybe I have been acting differently but I don't think I have. If anything Matt has been acting differently.

"I'm gonna go." I text Brian and he replied almost instantly saying he's on his way.

"Alright I'll see you later." He walks up his stairs and I walk out of his house.

Brian is there is 2 minutes. "I just dropped you off like 10 minutes ago."

"Yeah I know." I hold my phone in my hands thinking if I should text him or not.

"Boy troubles?" He asks and I just shake my head.

"I don't even know. It's just different between us."

"You guys will work it out. You guys are literally meant to be." Meant to be, huh. Sure doesn't feel that way right now.

"Yeah." I mumble looking out the window.

"Look I may not be the best person to talk to about this but I know that even if he hasn't said it, he loves you and I know you love him." He looks over at me and then back on the road.

"He did say it." He smiles.

"Well I told you. He's made you into such a great person. Not that you weren't before. But you've become a lot more confident and you kind of have this glow." I laugh at that last part.

"A glow? I don't think that's how it works."

"Oh yes it is, I see it." He counters back.

"Anyways it doesn't matter. He isn't really talking to me so I feel like I did something wrong." I look back out the window.

"Boys will be boys. They have their mood swings too, and we like to overthink things from time to time." But what would he be overthinking? I must have done something for him to overthink, right?

"Okay well I'll call him when I get home."

A few minutes later and I'm sitting in my bed, looking at my closed curtains and grasping the phone in my hand.

Okay I just gotta do it, don't overthink.

I press call and it rings a few times before he picks up.

"Hello?" I asked a little quieter than anticipated.

"Hey Bella." His voice cracks a little bit when he says my name so I immediately think that something is wrong.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I get up from my bed and start pacing around my room.

"No no I'm good. Look I'm really sorry about earlier I was just in my own little world and I overreacted."

"You don't have to be sorry at all. I totally get it." I open my curtains to see if he's in his room but I don't see him. "Where are you?"

"Oh you know, just up and about." I hear my doorbell ring and I smile.

"Hmmm I see." I race downstairs and open to door and he's standing their with a little goofy grin.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Hi." I hang up the phone and hug him.

I hear him blow out a breath and then he wraps his arms around me and plants a kiss on my cheek. We stay like this for a minute before my mom yells at me to do the dishes.