Chapter 9

BELLA
I go to school in the morning, wearing my usual attire. Black leggings and a sweatshirt. I already know I failed my calculus test. I also failed my science, which I just did. Science also happens to be my least favourite subject, and yet I take academic. I almost started crying in math class. When I look at the time or see a question I don't know the answer too, I have major anxiety. In grade 9, I had a mental break down, in which I was laughing and crying at the same time. Math class has done many things too me. Right now, I'm at home with Scarlet.

"And he was so cute! Gave me flowers and everything!" She exclaims signing, and clapping her hands together.

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" I say wishing I had what they have.

"So, what about you and Prince Charming?" She asks me in sign.

"My bookshelf has been so nice to me. So he's been great." I reply.

"The other Prince Charming." She signs.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean."

"Matt!" She sign-yells at me.

"Holy shrimp balls, no need for shouting." I laugh and she glares at me. "Fine, fine." I sigh in defeat. "We haven't talked much lately. Besides-" I stop my self.

She does the hand motion where she wants me to continue.

"Besides when he heard me moaning." Her eyes widen and she is about to sign before I clasp her hands together. "I was eating pizza, and it was so good." I add. She waves it off and sighs.

"Scorpio's." She signs.

"Why does everyone hate Scorpios so much? Like what did we do to get so much hate?" I ask huffing. Shrugs and the door bell rings.

"Hello!" I say opening the door, greeting a very good looking gentlemen. Well now I'm nervous. I don't do this stuff often. My social anxiety is pretty darn high right now.

"1 large cheese pizza?" He asks. I nod my head and give him the money.

"Thank you!" I say.

He is about to leave when he turns around with a smile on his face.

"Do you have a snap?" He asks me.

"What?" I ask.

"Like Snapchat?" He repeats.

"Um, yeah."

"Can I have it?" He asks running a hand through his black hair.

"Oh, um, yeah." So I give him my Snapchat username and he smiles walking off.

Scar jumps on top of me and smiles.

"The pizza!" I try to grab it from her hands but she doesn't move off of me.

"What was that?" She signs, wearing a very happy expression on her face.

"Nothing. He probably just wants to kill me." I add, finally sitting down on the couch.

"His olive skin, caramel eyes, pitch black hair, makes him damn good looking." She signs to me.

"Yeah he was." I blush a little. Scarlet claps her hands together.

"Look at you! Getting all the men!" She signs.

"What? No!" I say defending myself. "Guys don't look at me like that," I say "I don't think so at least."

"Oh they totally do!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Yes!"

"Fine! I give up!" I sigh in defeat, once again. I can never win with her. She smiles proudly and shoves a pizza slice into her mouth.

It looks so good! I put a slice into my mouth and moan. What the crabby patties is with me and moaning when I eat pizza? Scar laughs at me but the finishes her slice and moves into another one.

"I'm back!" Tom says walking through the door, with a rather drunk Brian by his side.

"How many drinks?" I ask taking the other side of Brian's body.

"I lost count after 7." Tom replies giving Scar an award winning smile before heading upstairs. If my mom sees him like this, there will be some beating.

"Shhh!" I scold Tom as he bumps into the side table.

"Sorry!" He replies wincing. That must of hurt.

We make it to Brian's room. Not much luck with being silent because Brian is singing Toxic by Britney Spears, at the top of his lungs. I swat my hand over his mouth and set him on the bed. I wipe the sweat I almost started to form on my forehead. That was quite the exercise.

"I love you guys so much!" Brian says snuggling into his pillow. "I'm so glad I have you Bell, and Tom, I'm glad I met you. My life would be shit without you guys." He says and then passes out.

"Well, I guess goodnight Bella." Tom says hugging me.

"Night." I reply heading downstairs. It's not even that dark outside.

"I better get going." Scarlet signs to me as I sit beside her in the couch.

"Are you sure you can't sleep over?" I ask.

"It's a school night." She replies hesitantly.

"And?"

"And, I guess I could." She smiles.

"Thank you!" I smile and hug her. "But if I wake up and you're in Tom's bed, end of friendship." I say ending the hug. I would never actually end our friendship over that, though.

She laughs at me then shakes her head.

We go upstairs to my bed. We both sleep in the same one because I don't really give a shrimp ball about it.

"So that's where lover boy is!" She signs looking at the closed curtains.

"Not 'lover boy'." I sign back to her.

"Whatever you say." With that, she turns off the lamp.

"Good night." I say to her, and I just know that she would have said it back.

We would have talked a lot longer, probably until 3 am, if I could actually see what she was signing.

I wake up to the sound of anxiety: my alarm. Scar has her legs spread on top of me and she is snoring so loudly, even Matt could probably hear.

"Scar!" I shake her, she doesn't budge. "Scar!" I say with more voice. I groan, stretch and then rub my eyes. "You're going to be late for school!" I say and with that, she bolts upwards.

"What time is it?" She signs, her hair all matted on top of her head.

"8:30am." I reply getting changed.

She starts panicking and runs downstairs. Her school starts at 8:45.

"How the hell do I get to school?" She signs so quickly I can barely make out what she says.

I walk back upstairs and bang on Tom's door. I keep on doing that until he opens it. His hair is a mess and he looks like he's just seen a ghost. I take back what I said, he looks like a ghost.

"What in Gods name do you want?" He says yawning.

"Scarlet needs a ride to school. Right now." I say.

"Fine." He goes down the stairs in his pyjamas and walks out the door. That was easy.

I drink my smoothie and then go on my phone for a couple of minutes.