Chapter Thirty One - Told You

(Anna's POV)

A pain in my head brings me back to consciousness, that and a loud noise. I'm not opening my eyes though because the way things have been going these past weeks it can't be anything good. Harry took me, Liam did what he did... twice, and now Dylan has me. But the worst part of this week has been finding out Ezra is gone. The man I love is dead because of me, harry tortured him and killed him because my stupid heart couldn't let him go. I'll never forgive myself for that, I should have hid better in America, I should have never left Harry in the first place, and I should have died that night in Stratford. But no I lived and I'm worse off now than I was before. I'm just like my mother... they say 'like mother like daughter' well I'm exactly that. She fell in love with a man that ended up being an abusive arse and had Liam and I anyway, then when she met someone that actually showed her love and affection she had enough and tried to leave. The only difference is she died trying, she told my father she was going and he killed her. I was only six and Liam was nine when it happened... we saw the whole thing, after she died my father took his anger out on me and Liam. Liam the most but I still got beat once in a while. Once we were teenagers Liam joined Direction and that's when I met Harry, we fell in love and the rest is history. A great history that hurts too much to remember, I will always have a place in my heart for Harry and he knows it, but it keeps getting smaller and smaller with everything that he's doing. Ezra has my entire heart and now it feels like I can't breathe, I can feel the emptiness and it's crushing like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Another loud bang makes my eyes open involuntarily. When they do open I realize I'm in a- hospital room? Looking around I notice the machines I'm hooked up to and the uncomfortable bed I'm laying on. Ugh I hate hospitals! What made that noise though? Just as my question was asked it was answered, Dylan walks out of the attached bathroom "you woke up fast" he smiles "we weren't expecting you to wake up for at least a couple of days" "w-we?" He nods his head and points to the door revealing a very happy looking Perrie. She waves but Dylan motions for her to leave "s-she's ok?" "She's fine, I've told you before I'm not like Harry. What happened between me and you was unfortunate and unforgettable, but it had nothing to do with you. I wanted to get back at Harry for numerous reasons and the only way to do that was through you" he takes my hand and squeezes it gently "I'm telling you right now that your safe with me, I'm not going to hurt you. Perrie even made up a room for you and went shopping so you have clothes. This was a search and rescue mission, not a search and destroy" he stands up and pats my hand "now get some rest, I only have this hospital for another day so we have to leave by tomorrow" I nod "D-Dylan" he turns when I call his name "thank you" he smiles "don't thank me yet, thank me when Styles can't find you" I close my eyes when he leaves, feeling a bit more secure, Perrie is ok and so is Louis.

"Rise and shine princess!" Louis' voice and him jumping on the bed, is my wake up call. Just like it use to be- I shake my head trying to get rid of the past. "morning" I say to him "it'll be a great morning once we're out of this retched place" I smile and start to get off of the bed. Louis takes my hand and I hold on to him for support, I'm still sore... down there. And walking is painful, not to mention my legs still hurt. Once he gets me balanced he let's go "thank you Lou" he nods "no problem" I enter the bathroom and find clothes on the little counter top. Thank you Perrie. I slide the panties and bra on, then the jeans and black long sleeve shirt. I don't bother looking in the mirror, I already know I look horrible so what's the use. When I exit the bathroom Perrie and Dylan are in the room with Louis "oh good" Perrie breathes "they fit, I was worried they'd be too big" I shake my head 'no' and Dylan stands up "ready to go? Well I know your not, but I'm telling you everything will be fine" everything will be fine, those four words have been said to me so many times that now I barely hear them. Just because someone says 'everything will be fine' doesn't make it so. "Everything was going to be fine when Niall came to live with us- but look, look where it got me. Look where it got us" I point to Perrie and Louis "and Zayn, E-Ezra-" my voice cracks from the sobs that are slowly creeping out of my lips. No one says anything in response but Louis pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back "E-Ez-zra" I cry, I let myself loose it, because I have truly lost it. I've lost everything, everyone I've ever loved. Ben, Harry, Zayn, and now Ezra, the one man on this Earth that was my entire world. I use to think that title belonged to Harry but now I realize it has always belonged to Ezra. He was the love of my life, he was my bestfriend, and he was my safety. More times than not Ezra would be all those things, even when me and Harry were alright. It was Ezra that comforted me when I had bad dreams about mum, it was Ezra that found me when Dylan took me, it was Ezra that always loved me more than life itself and as usual I'm too late to notice. I wish it was Ezra that proposed to me that night, I wish him and Harry got to trade places, I wish he was still here with me to sing and make me laugh. We would be watching his cartoons by now, cuddled up on the sofa, his chest vibrating with laughter... mine with love. I love him so much- "Anna babe, we've got to go. The hospital isn't ours anymore, Harry could walk in any minute" I hear what Louis says but I'm too weak to walk or move for that matter "c'mon, I've got you" Louis realizes this and picks me up, carrying me out of the hospital and eventually into Dylan's car.