Chapter Thirty Nine - Stay With Me (Part 2)

Harry's POV

Anna had to spend the night in the hospital, the doctors still don't know what's wrong with her. She continued to bleed throughout the night, needless to say Anna has lost a lot of blood. Her skin is so pale in the morning light she looks almost transparent. Niall and I stayed with her the entire night and Louis is still with Shaya, I've called him every hour just to make sure she's ok and so far so good. "Harry" Niall says my name and I look at him "you swear you didn't do this" "I swear... Niall this is so fucked up, she finally started loving me again and this is happening. What if- what if she-" Niall shakes his head "don't talk like that, she'll be ok... she has to be" he's right, she has to be ok she can't leave me again... if she leaves this time, like this, I can't get her back. She'll be gone forever.

Louis POV

"And your sure she's ok?" Harry asks for the millionth time since I've got here "yes Haz, she's fine" I hear him sigh over the phone and I know he's stressed the fuck out "how's Anna, have the doctors said anything new?" "Her brain scan came back normal, so no they still don't know anything... the bleeding stopped for the moment though so just keep your fingers crossed" this time I'm the one whose sighing and pulling my freaking hair out "alright, call if anything changes" "I will" after the phone hangs up I walk over to Shaya in her crib. She looks so peaceful, so calm, like she doesn't have a care in the world. And why would she, she's only three days old "must be nice little one, to not understand what's going on" I reach down and pick her up "your mummy is going to be ok, she wouldn't leave you" I bounce her up and down in my arms, watching her smile at me "dear god your cute, just do me a favor and don't date until your fifty or until me and your father are too old to kill your boyfriends" I chuckle "you have no idea what I'm saying do you?" She make a squeaky noise and I just about die of laughter "alright little one nap time" I place Shaya back in her crib and she slowly falls asleep.

"Hey Haz, any news?"

"Yeah, she uh- she has a piece of broken bone lodged in her brain, she's going into surgery now"

"They can get it out right?"

"Yeah, but she's so weak she might not make it through the surgery"

Harry's voice cracks at the end and I know he's crying "Harry do you want me to bring Shaya over so Anna can see her before the surgery?" The line goes silent for a while until, finally Harry says "please" "ok we'll be there in a minute" I hang up the phone and grab Shaya's diaper bag, some formula, and bottles. Then I go upstairs to grab the baby "c'mon little one we're gonna go see mummy."

Harry's POV

The door to Anna's room opens and Louis walks in with Shaya. "hey they she is" he says and gives my baby to me "how're you feeling princess?" Anna smiles but she doesn't say anything. She looks at me and her hands reach for Shaya "go see mum" I carefully place her in Anna's arms "Niall let's give these three a moment" Louis says and they both leave the room. After a minute Anna gives the baby back to me, her arms not containing enough strength to support her anymore. I get up and take Shaya out if the room, handing her to Louis I say "just give me a minute alone with Anna" Louis nods and walks down the hall with my baby.

I lay down next to Anna on her hospital bed and pull her body close to mine "don't leave me baby" I whisper to her "please don't leave me again" I kiss her head "stay with with me Anna" she starts to stir in my arms and she tilts her head up to look at me "I love you Harry" her weak voice whispers to me "I love you too, you have to stay here with us ok?" She nods "I made dinner reservations for us, at that place you like" her lips smile "did you get our table?" I chuckle and say "of coarse I did..." I gently grab her hand and intertwine our fingers "your not planning on standing me up are you?" She shakes her head no and says "never" a knock on her door make me tense, until she squeezes my hand and smiles... telling me it will be ok. "Mrs. Styles were ready to prep you for surgery" Anna nods slightly and looks at me "I love you Harry and Shaya-" I cut her sentence off with a kiss "tell us that when you wake up, ok?" "...ok" I get off of the bed after I give Anna one more kiss and then watch as the doctors wheel her out of the room.

Eight Hours Later...

"Mr. Styles"

My head pop up at a doctor calling my name "is she ok?!" I jump out I my chair, almost knocking the damn thing over "Mrs. Styles made it through surgery alive" I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I feel a hand on my back and then Louis speaks "she's alive, but doc I feel like you aren't telling us everything. Spit. It. Out!" I look at the doctor and realize Louis is right, he's keeping something from me "M-Mr. Tomlinson-" "so you know who we are?" Louis chuckles and grabs the doctor by his collar "TELL US WHATS WRONG! NOW!!" Thank god for Louis being here, there is no way I am strong enough to deal with this right now "T-The surgery went fine, we extracted the fragment of bone, but Anna is in a c-coma" Louis is about to go of but I stop him by putting my arm in front of him "can we go see her?" I ask "absolutely Mr. Styles, right this way" I get up, with Louis help, and walk to Anna's new room. She looks so peaceful almost like an angel, grant it a fallen angel but non the less angelic. Her blonde hair cascading down the pillow, her pale skin illuminated by the sunlight coming through the window... she looks beautiful. I walk around to the chairs and take a seat by her side and then I see it. A long cut on the side of her head, her hair shaved in that one spot, and a bandage covering it. "How long until she wakes up?" The doctor clears his throat and says "we're not sure" "your not sure" I say in disbelief "your not SURE!! you are a medical professional aren't you, you went to college for this, you do this for a living, and your telling me YOU ARENT SURE!!?" Louis gets walks over to the doctor and says something, resulting in the doctor leaving the room.

Zayns POV

Three months later...

Walking into the hospital feels like hell, I know it's a bad idea but after Louis told me Anna's condition I had to go see her. I didn't tell anyone where I was going I just up and left, the situation would be ten times worse if I had told Ezra. He hasn't been doing so well. Drinking and drugs, I've tried so hard to get him clean, so damn hard... but nothing works. The only thing that can save him is Anna and right now she can't even save herself. In a coma for three months straight and no one told me until last night. When I reach her hospital room I take a deep breath before opening the door. I'm nervous as all hell. "Zayn" Harry says my name, acknowledging my presence "Harry, I'm not here to start anything" he raises his hand "I know, and even so I really don't have it in me to stop you" he rubs his face "she's been like this for three months, I don't know what else to do..." his sentence trails off and his eyes go back to Anna "where's the baby?" "Louis has her, I didn't want her to catch anything from the germs here so I told him to take her home" I nod and say "I didn't tell anyone, I'm the only one who knows Anna's here" Harry sighs in relief "thank you" "no problem... what are the doctors saying?" He shakes his head "they said she may never wake up"

The rest of my visit was spent in silence... until Anna's finger twitched.

A/N

Hi everyone!! So this part 2 of 3 :)
I decided to make it 3 parts because... yeah lol

I would also like to ask you to read ZaynsGirl71 new story called 'Blood Lines' it's really good and I've been helping her with some ideas :)

Also remember to read
Mixer_directioner100 taken
LetoLover7 Pleasure & Pain
RooneyTune Breathe
EmeraldSkys7 The Arrangement

Thanks all!!
-LadyBugg7137 ❤️