Chapter Forty Two - Just a Name

Ezra's POV

"You told her you would never hurt her, THIS would be hurting her!" Zayn screams at me for the millionth time in the past hour about not going to see Anna "she doesn't remember anything, she is finally happy, if you come back into the picture it will wreck everything" I scoff "no Harry wrecked everything by lying to her again-" "Harry is trying to change and Anna is finally happy with him and their baby... it's time to move on Ezra" he puts his hand on my shoulder "I told you a long time ago that Anna is Harry's she will always be his" I move his hand off of me "well I chose not to believe that, I know she loves me and I know that she will remember me" without another word from either of us I open the front door and leave. I am not going to let Zayn dictate what I'm going to do or how I want to live my life. Anna is my everything, I can't live without her... I don't want to live without her. I jump onto my motorcycle and speed out of the driveway. It's funny how I'm the one chasing after Anna now, how the tables have turned drastically... well it's not really funny but it is fucking crazy. I never thought this would happen, any of this. If I did I probably wouldn't have joined Direction in the first place. I shake that thought out of my head and let my mind wonder to the past

"EZRA!!!!!" Anna screams from outside, making me smile like an idiot "EEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!" I laugh as I open up the door "what do you want woman?" I tease and she smiles "Just some company" her hand goes to the seat next to her and she pats it "do I look like I want to sit out here in the freezing weather" she giggles "as long as I'm out here you'll be fine" she says jokingly, but the truth is I will be fine wherever she is. She's like my own personal light of happiness. I take a seat in the chair and jump right back out "WHAT THE FUCK! I think my arse literally has frost bite" she laughs and nods "yeah... that's the real reason I called you" she giggles "I kinda can't feel my lower body" I laugh at her and say "well your in a predicament aren't you love?" She nods "please help me uppp" she whines "yes ma'am" I bend down and pick her up bridal style "oh my god your legs are so cold Anna" "I know" she sighs "what made you go out there in the first place?" She shrugs her shoulders, not wanting to tell me obviously "I just needed some air" she says finally as I place her in front of the fireplace. I decide not to push it so I just say "alright... still want some company?" She looks up at me and smiles "I will always want your company Ezra"

I pull my motorcycle over and park it at the curb, taking my helmet off in the process. I run a hand through my hair and take a deep breath. If Harry is home he is going to kill me, but if he's not i might still have a chance at making Anna remember. She has to remember me. She has to. I slowly walk up the front stoop of Harry's flat and knock on the door. Please answer it Anna, please.

"Hello?" I freeze when I see her, she looks so beautiful. Just like the day I met her, her bruises are gone, her smile is back, and her blue eyes have their light back. "Can I help you?" She asks "are you ok?" Answer her Ezra "uh- uhm- yes. Yeah I'm fine" I stutter out "I just came to ask if you remembered me" her eyes widen and she starts to bite her lip "I'm sorry I don't remember anything that's happened for the past seven years" she looks into my eyes with sorrow and sympathy "I know, I was just hoping seeing my face would jog your memory" she shakes her head "I'm sorry but I don't remember you" when that sentence left her lips my heart shattered. "ok, well... if you do" I hand her my phone number "just call that ok?" She takes the little piece of paper and nods "goodbye Anna" "bye- wait! I don't know your name!" She yells as I start to walk away, I smirk "yes you do, you just need to remember it!" I yell back before I put on my helmet and start my motorcycle.

Anna's POV

Oh my god! It's him, the guy from my dreams... how is he real? I'm losing my mind, well I already lost my mind- "Anna, who was that?" Harry asks, I lock the door and turn around to face him "I don't know, he said I knew him but I don't remember" Harry's face turns a deep shade of red and his knuckles turn white "did he look like a arsehole?" I laugh "Harry that's not really something to go on" "was he my height, blonde hair, blue eyes, and did he look like an arsehole?" I nod "all of those things but the last one, he was very nice" Harry's jaw tightens and his face gets even redder "Anna, go get Shay and pack some things" "but-" "NOW Anna!" I jump from his voice and do as told, I literally run up the stairs. What the hell is going on? and how did Harry know who was at the door? there is no way I can ask him, he's so mad right now. "Hey baby, lets go" I pick Shaya up from her crib and wrap her in a blanket, close to my chest "dada says we have to leave" I sigh, I was just getting use to the idea of living here. I hear Harry coming up the steps and my heart beat quickens... why does it keep doing that around him! it's maddening. "Alright sweetheart, ready to go?" He asks and then kisses my forehead "yeah, we're all packed, I packed you a bag too" "thanks baby... speaking of" he holds out his hands for Shaya and I shake my head 'no' "no I like holding her" I giggle and he laughs, holding up his hands in surrender. I like being a mommy, yeah I was scarred at first, but know it feels right. I just can't wait until she starts talking and walking! I bounce Shay up and down on my lap and she starts to giggle "Are you going to say mommy? Say mommy" I tickle her belly "c'mon say mommy" I laugh "nah she's definitely going to say dada first" Harry walks in chuckling and takes Shaya out of my arms "the car is loaded girls, let's go"