Chapter Thirty Four - The Trade

A/N
Thank you to Mixer_directioner100 for helping me with the idea for this chapter!

(Anna's POV)

"ZAYN!!!" Perrie screams, I look over and see her and Dylan running into the room. Zayn was in there. Ezra. my heart skips a beat and I grab the door knob, twist it, and swing the door open. I hit the light switch on the wall, illuminating the small space. My eyes immediately go to a piece of paper laying on the floor and a cell phone sitting on top of it. Louis' grip on me loosen and he let's me go, walking towards the piece of paper he picks it up along with the phone. I watch as his eyes scan the paper and close in disappointment "Anna I-I'm sorry" I wipe the tears from my eyes and look up at him "w-what does it say" he shakes his head no "Louis" "no your not reading this-" "I have the right to read it! The only right, he is my boyfriend, the father of this baby growing inside if me. Louis Tomlinson damn it give me that paper!" ... Whoa. alright go Anna, can't believe I just did that. Louis walks over and reluctantly hands the paper to me.

Hi sweetheart,
Thought I was going to make this easy for you? When have I ever made your life easy! But... because I love you, I gave you Zayn for free. Now Ezra, yes he's alive, I know I lied but you really should never trust anything I say. That's just pure stupidity on your part. Anyway, if you want Ezra back alive and well I want something in return. I want your baby.

Take your time thinking it over, persuade whoever you need to. When you make up your mind give me a ring using the cell I left for you.
Hope to hear from you soon, so does Ezra.

-Harry

"Anna-" "h-he wants my b-baby" I drop the paper and place my hand over my stomach "how-w did he k-know?" I cry to Louis. Harry couldn't have found out on his own, I was so careful not to let it slip when he had me and back then Perrie didn't even know. This note looks like it was written a while ago, it's all stained and turning brown from being exposed to the moisture in the basement. At least a week ago it was written, no one knew I was pregnant then except for me. "You can't do what he wants, you do realize that, right?" I nod in agreement "Ezra wouldn't want you to trade your baby for him... We'll find another way" "how Louis? We don't even know where they are-" "Italy" Dylan walks in the room "the silent alarms I installed in our safe house there just went off, good thing we didn't stay there" Louis shakes his head in disbelief and my stomach starts to feel sicker. He found us that fast, it hasn't even been twenty four hours yet. "Zayn?" I ask Dylan and he nods "he's alive, Perrie is in the car taking care of him with the little medical supplies we brought with us" a little relief rushed through me, at least Harry kept that promise. Zayn is ok. Now all I have to figure out is how I'm going to get to Ezra. I know I told Louis that I wouldn't, but I have to save him, I can't let Harry kill him.

Me, Louis, and Dylan leave the house and start walking towards the car. Perrie is standing outside of it, blood on her hands and clothes. "what happened, is he ok?" Louis asks, she shakes her head 'yes' and smiles a little "he won't drink anything, said he still feels sick to his stomach, he's severely dehydrated and I'm scared" I walk up to Perrie and take the water bottle out of her hand "I got it" I rub her arms reassuringly and she moves aside to let me in the car. Zayn is sprawled out in the back seat. A tear leaves my eye when I see his full condition. He's so thin and pale, he doesn't even look like himself. His face is cut and bruised, and I'm sure his body is worse. I know what it feels like to get a beating from Harry when he's really angry... it's like being ripped apart by a great white shark, except with Harry the torture lasts longer. I pull the front seat up all the way so I have room to sit on the floor. "Zayn" I whisper, gently running my figures through is messy hair. His bruised eyes open slightly "it's ok, your ok" I say as soothingly as my voice will allow me. He coughs and blood slowly starts to seep out of the corners of his mouth "I'm going to sit you up, ok?" He nods weakly and I try my best to support his body weight. "Perrie said you won't drink... remember what you use to tell me when I wouldn't eat or drink?" I ask him and he closes his eyes "you use to say - Annie it's better to drink while you can, than to suffer another day without water" I open the bottle and put it up to his lips, but he still won't drink the water "Zayn please, please drink... I can't lose both of you, not again" he brings his hand up to mine and takes the bottle away from me, bringing it closer to his lips and finally taking a drink. Soon the entire bottle of water is empty and some of the color is back in his face "feeling better?" I ask as I take the trash away from him "mhm, thanks Annie" his voice is horse and scratchy, I can tell from his face that it hurts him to talk. "Your welcome" I smile at him and pat his head like he's a little kid. "Its time for me to take care of you, you've always taken care of me" "Ezra?" I shake my head "Harry still has him, he wants to make a trade... a life for a life" I whisper the last bit, but the look on Zayn's face tells me he heard every word. "Ezra won't want to live without you-" "it's not my life he wants" I pick up Zayn's hand and put it on my stomach. His eyes go wide "it's Ezra's, don't worry. Harry said he'll let Ezra go if I give him my baby, Zayn I-I don't know what to do" "Anna imagine the life your baby will have if you give it to Harry, what if it's a girl, she'll grow up in hell. Harry will hate it with a burning passion, it'll be tortured from the moment you hand it over... you can't do that" I nod my head, not knowing what to say "I won't let you do that, I'll lock you up for nine months until you have your baby and get so attached to him or her that you won't be able to give it up. I'm not trying to be mean but I won't hesitate, if I think for one minute your having thoughts like that-" he takes a deep breathe "don't make me lock you up, please" his eyes aren't sinister, there filled with concern and love. I know he will never hurt me, he's just trying to protect me. I also know that I'm going to do what I think is best and if that's not letting this baby grow up fatherless than I'll do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen... even if seeing Harry again is option number one.