Chapter Forty Four - Stupid Mistakes

Anna's POV

Previously in Unexpected...

"Louis and I are going out" Harry says trough the door "I'll be back tomorrow" I get up and open the door coming face to face with an angry looking Harry "don't go" I say to him, my voice barely a whisper "please stay here and talk to me... I'm sorry I snapped at you, I don't know what happened" he looks at me and smirks "you know exactly what your doing, your trying to push me so I hurt you and you can go run to Ezra!" He screams, waking up Shaya, and stalks out of the room.
.............................

Maybe he's right

Maybe all if this is just an excuse

Just a reason for Harry to hate me again

Or a reason for me to hate Harry

Either way it's not a good situation... And it has to be resolved before things go any further.

Harry got close tonight, too close, to hurting me again. I saw it in his face, in his eyes. The same darkness was in his eyes tonight that I thought I would never see again. But I pushed him too far, I just couldn't let it go... I don't know why. I still fear Harry even though he hasn't hurt me, those memories and feelings have all bubbled back to the surface of my brain the moment he kissed me. It was like his lips opened the door and let all the pain come pouring back into our lives.

He's been gone for three hours now, the sun is almost coming up, and the birds outside have already started chirping. Louis is with him so I can only hope that lessened the madness going on inside of Harry's head. Louis always was the voice of reason between the two of them, Harry has always been a 'do it now, ask for forgiveness later' type of person... Most times he doesn't even ask for forgiveness.
I guess that's why they've been best mates for all of these years. Opposites attract. Harry would do something and Louis was always there to clean up the mess afterwards, just like he is now. Except now I'm the mess, and not some drug deal gone wrong.

I close my eyes and rub my head, I haven't slept all night. Then again how could I? Worrying about Ezra, about Harry. I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and I know something bad happened, I can just feel it. Either something bad happened or it's going to.

A squeak sounds from Shaya's direction and I look over to see her fully awake and staring at me "good morning darling" I stand up slowly, my sore muscles aching from sitting in the rocking chair for hours "let's make you something to eat, yeah?" I lean over her crib and take her out of it, holding her close to my chest and walking downstairs.

Once I get down the steps I freeze in place. The front door is open "Harry?" I call for him "Louis?" When neither answer I start to run back upstairs, only making it half way before Harry finally answers

"In the living room"

"Harry what the hell you scared me half to death... Were you home this entire time?" I ask him calmly, sitting next to him on the sofa

He nods and motions for me to give him Shay

"I almost made a huge fucking mistake" he whispers before placing a kiss on Shays head "I almost lost you again, lost both of you"

I take a deep breath, he said almost. He didn't do anything wrong "Harry-"

"No, you don't understand" he looks at me, his eyes puffy and red "I went to Ezra's and beat the crap out of him, I almost killed him and then..." He sniffles a tear and the sight breaks my heart "he said something, he said I'd lose you forever if I'd kill him, he said that he saw how happy you finally were when he came to the door that day and if I shot Ezra all that happiness would end and you'd be locked up in a dungeon for the rest of your life. I couldn't do it... I couldn't do that to you because I saw how happy you were too and I also saw that happiness drain from you when your memory came back. It was like you woke up from a dream but instead of waking up to reality you woke up to your worst nightmare... Me" 

I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arms around his waist "I love you Harry, please know that I love you and I need you just as much as you need me. I tried to live without you, I tried to forget about all the things we've been through, all the good times when you made me laugh and forget about my past. Every time I looked into your eyes and saw how much you loved me too. The day we met I felt like I was finally home, like I belonged. And it wasn't just because you took me and my brother in and gave us a home, it was because I felt like I belonged with you" I tilt my head so that I can look at him "I still feel that way, and I always will"

I watch in silence as Harry stands up off of the sofa and places Shaya in her playpen, giving her one more kiss before he walks back over to me.

"C'mhere sweetheart" his hands find mine and gently pull my body up to be against his "you do realize I want you forever, right?"

I look up at him and smile "that sounds good to me... Actually I don't think this will work..."

His face goes pale and I have to suppress my laughter

"You see your just too damn tall, it makes my neck hurt to keep looking up at you-"

The paleness leaves his face almost instantly and is replaced my a dorky smile "shut up and kiss me" he mumbles

"I thought you'd never ask"

I stand on my tiptoes and bring my lips to his, all my fear and worry of last night fading away into the kiss and the rising sunlight.

A/N

That's the end loves!!

I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful comments and votes and for reading my story ❤️

I might post an epilogue ;) so stay posted!

And I will also be writing a prequel to this story, about how Anna and Liam came to live with Harry and how Anna and Harry fell in love :) :) :) also some Ezra drama but you know I can't write a Unexpected prequel without some drama lol