Chapter Twenty Five - You Were Scared of Me?

New house

At the right>> or up top^^

(Perrie's POV)

"Purple!?" I hear Zayn 'yell' from the staircase "you said paint the dining room whatever I wanted to, so Yes purple" more foot steps join his and then I hear multiple sighs. I turn around and all three men are starring at the newly painted wall "isn't it pretty?" I ask in a high pitch voice "you do know three guys live here" Louis says "yes and two girls, besides it's just the one dining room wall" they all sigh and plop on the couch. Big babies, I bet Anna will love it. something nice and bright to come down stairs to every morning, it'll be a nice change from her previous living conditions - from what I hear - and it's a whole hell of a lot better than the walls of the hospital. Come to think of it I haven't seen her today "where's Anna?" Ezra answers "she's upstairs, said she'll be down after her shower" I nod. I'm going to see if she needs any help with her bandages. Hmmm would this hallway look pretty blue "don't even think about it" Zayn's voice startles me a little "what?" He smiles "I've lived with Anna almost my entire life. I know how women think, and right now I know your thinking about redoing this hallway wall... probably in another girly color" well shit, he's good. I can't help the smile that's on my face when he walks away "and another thing" he turns around "the walls are already stone" I giggle and continue my walk up the steps "stone can be painted over!" I yell from the top of the steps, I don't get a response but I do hear him laugh. Opening the door to the sitting area outside everyone's bedroom I notice the shower isn't running. I knock on the bathroom door but no one answers "Anna? Its Perrie... Are you ok?" She sniffles and then the door cracks open slightly "do you need help-" when I walk in she is sitting on the floor crying, holding her face in her hands. I bend down and rub her back gently "what happened, why are you crying? Are you in pain, because I can give you different medicine" "no" her voice comes out, but it's just a whisper "do you want Ezra" she shakes her head 'no' "I don't want him to see me like this" there it is. Now I understand. "You know he'll love you no matter what you look like" she sniffles again "even like this? With all these marks and bruises and scars... Do you really think he'll love seeing me like this, and being reminded of Harry, every time I get undressed" "I think he loves you and has wanted you for so long that your scars and bruises won't matter to him... he's a good guy Anna, he knows what you've been through and he's been with you through all of it. So no I don't think he'll love seeing you like this, because he won't all he is going to see is the girl he loves" the door opens and Ezra comes in "you should listen to her you know" he bends down in front of her and smiles "she is right... I don't care about the scars as long as your in my arms everything will be perfect" I stand up and pat him on the back before I walk out and shut the door. "why can't I find a guy like that"

(Anna's POV)

When Ezra walked into the room I immediately tried to stop crying. I hate it when he sees me like this, even though it's been a lot. He's seen me at the best and worst times of my life... Recently everything has been worse though. "She is right... I don't care about the scars as long as your in my arms everything will be perfect" Perrie smiles at him and leaves the room "Darling, I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You are exquisite, beautiful, gorgeous." He kisses me with each compliment and I have to swallow the lump that's suddenly made its way into my throat. I desperately want to believe his words, but it's hard to when all I've heard is the direct opposite for so many years. But Ezra still tries, he stands me in front of the mirror, with his body right behind mine. "Do you see what I see, love?" he whispers softly. He trails a finger down my cheek. "I see heavenly eyes, that light up my world." His finger traces over my lips. "I see lips that entice me, that shower love, that laughter spills from." I close my eyes, holding back tears. That's not at all what I see in the mirror. I see every single imperfection. Every single hit, kick, burn, knife mark, belt mark. "Darling, please" he whispers in my ear. "To me, you are perfect. Every single inch of you." I can't take this I start to shake my head slowly, trying to tell him to stop, but he keeps talking. "I love your skin. Even these scars, especially the scars, because it proves how tough you are, how strong you are to survive. You're the one I want to wake up to every morning. All of you, every inch, every scar, every bad dream." soft tears are in his eyes as he bends down to kiss me gently before continuing "I am so deeply in love with you. You are my everything. Trust me when I say that I want, I need, everything about you." I can't hold back the tears anymore as they start to spill. "Darling, do you trust me?" I nod weakly, not trusting my voice. "Then trust when I tell you that you are my everything. That you are the other half of my soul, and that without you I wouldn't want to live. There is not a single thing about you that I would change... Except that I'd want you to see your true beauty. To see the beautiful soul that's inside." He moves to stand in front of me, cradling my face in his hands. "Love, please... I know I can't change the past for you. But promise me you'll let me help you through the present, through the future. I promise to always be here for you." I nod and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him close. I start to relax, as if a tiny bit of my troubles have just floated away. He has that affect on me, he will always have that affect on me. I'm not sure if i trust my voice or not, but i manage to whisper "Thank you." For the first time in forever, i know I finally have one person who i can trust with my whole being... mind, body, heart, and soul. And that no matter what, he will love me.