RUNAWAY

Throwing my rope out of the window I made sure it's hooked with something below.

I Immediately tied the other end to my bed in a half hitch style, which I learnt in my battlefield skills class, I never thought it was of any use until now. slinging my black colour bag which will be my only luggage throughout the journey I wore a black colour mask, as much as I want to flex my beauty now is not the right time. finally pushing my long hair back I put my cap on and for double-check I also put on my hoodie. if people find out the royale queen of the kingdom of Rommanno is out here wearing a not so elegant outfit the people would probably faint.

wasting no time I hooked the carabiners buckling it on the belt on my waist I held the handles and slid down the 5 floors of the castle. from my room to the ground floor in a free fall.

As soon as I reached the ground I took a deep breathe which I didn't realise I was holding. after having a calm down session with myself I looked at my watch. It was 4 ' o'clock in the morning. exactly 3 hours from now my maids will arrive in my room to wake me up and they will find out, I ran away.

There was supposed to be a power cut at 4:02... I still had a few seconds to go. After the power cut, I would get exactly 2 minutes until all the security is disabled and cameras are switched off.

So, 1..........2...........and 3........ lights off.

I put on my night view glasses and sneaked out of there, I could distant chatter and murmuring, everyone must have been shocked witnessing a power cut in the Romanno palace out of everywhere.

slipping through the surveillance of the guards I made it to the last back gate, and now there is the problem the last gate has a manual security system it doesnt have virtual security ran by electricity that i can cut off instead big bulky human security guards who will kill you first and then probably try to find out about the identity of the imposter.

I was nervous to face them, I haven't practiced any martial art in a while and those guards outside are a prototype of the hulk.

"no claire, you have come a long way and broken enough rules not to go back, why not just break the rules all the way to the end," I cheered and encouraged myself and took a deep breath before walking towards the small gate guarded by 5 extra-large size men. Do such tall men even exist in this world?

I ran and locked the nearest person's neck in a scissor lock and twisted them, he fainted, I am well trained in how to kill and how to not kill so, I can assure you, the person is very much alive and has just fainted. due to the groan of the man, the other four turned around. I just realized two of them are women.

and women guards or even assassins have no mercy, with one full round kick and another knee kick I knocked both of the men out. almost forgetting about the two women behind.

I was all happy and giving my farewell speech when my hoodie was pulled from the mask and in a swift motion, my mask was on the floor.

They saw my face, I thought I am done for and they are gonna apologize or something but I was wrong they attacked back, I held her wrist and twisted it as soon as she came punching me all thanks to my reflexes after all these trainings weren't useless.

Either my disguise was awesome or they were just night blind, no other reason can explain to me how couldn't they recognize the very person they are protecting.

I glanced at my watch and it was already time before the electricity is back. "I am sorry lady, I have to hurt you, the gentle way takes time which I dont have" saying this I pushed her to the ground and knocked the other women with back-to-back kicks, with my palms on my knee I took deep breathes and looked at them, I was really brutal this time,

Glancing at my watch, I just had 15 seconds left, I jolted up and ran away from there. but my queenside woke up and I ran back to them, immediately searching for something I picked out a big chocolate bar from my bag and put it next to the nearest to me who was still a bit conscious "I am really sorry about today, take this as an apology I will compensate you later for sure." all this time none of them opened their mouth to even an utter a word.

The lights had started coming of few rooms, I ran at full speed, I almost thought I am done, I will be caught and then my body on its own pushed itself over the gate, and as soon as I landed on the other side, I turned around to see the Romanno palace beaming in its own glory.

The maids used to say the truth, the palace looked beautiful from the outside even though it was still a golden cage for me and the mess I made to escape the cage, no will ever know until my over smart brothers start the engines of their brain.

I was deep in praising myself and being proud of myself, I didn't notice someone crouching down next to me. "had fun making a mess of the world's highest security system?" a soft voice asked, making me flinch in fright.

I had my palm on my heart as it was beating fast, the person was Mrs.kim, my grandmother's nurse. oh yes, she helped me escape and she was the one behind the power outage.

I opened my eyes to see her chuckle and I glared at her, she turned her face towards the palace. "its fun seeing the great claire Romanno scared even if it was a split second."

I stood up brushing my clothes and hands "oh really, but I was always scared you all just didn't notice it. how could you have noticed when no one looked into my eyes" saying this I looked at her, she got up and stood up straight.

"you have crossed my height, you used to be so small," she said looking at me and I chuckled.

"I didn't somewhat have a chose not to grow up but if I had, I would have definitely preferred being the little girl who used to follow you around you," I said with a bittersweet chuckle.

"you should leave, I will handle behind the mess" she said passing me the car keys and a pat on the shoulder. I was leaving when she called me back "can I get a hug?" she asked and i immediately walked to her giving her a tight hug almost knocking her down and hugged me back.

"Take care, eat on time, don't send me a text your brothers will track it and please be back as soon as possible," she said in a split second.

"Woah! Woah! lady calm down, I will be fine," saying I wasted no time and rushed towards the car parked in a distance, getting inside the brand new car.

I threw my bag on the passenger seat of the car since it was a two-seater I took my hoodie off, brushing my hair with my fingers... I Used my left hand to drive I switched on the hologram screen with my right hand.

Which gave me a clear view of the camera's at the palace

Till now everything was fine. well, of course it will be till the morning when they realize I'm gone.

𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮