Our Guest

Jackson stood in the throne room, just in front of the empty throne. This room was only crowded during important events or public meetings but since public complaints were taken online and most criminal judgements were made by lower courts, the queen never really had to be a judge unless she desires to take actions herself but she never did.

She never looked interested enough.

The room was dark and he stared at it. His face reflected the moonlight coming in from the slit of an open door.

Soon the sound heavy leather Oxford shoes against the marble floor echoed inside the room.

Prince junghyung, his father walked in with his palm in his pocket. "What are you looking at?" He asked.

"My throne." Jackson answered spontaneously.

The prince frowned. A princes much much older than the queen but he never got promoted from being a prince.

"Jackson, the throne was never yours." He said softly and Jackson scoffed.

"Only mom encouraged me to fight for what's rightfully mine. You on her other hand was incapable of kinghood and never tried to win. A freaking loser." Jackson screamed at his father.

The princes said nothing for a minute and then spoke. "Jackson y/n is the direct descendant of the eldest child of every ruler we had. How does that make you rightfully the ruler?" Junghyung looks at Jackson.

"Dad, I was the only male member of the family next in line. Why is the stupidity if letting a woman rule us still going on. Ages ago, this would have been impossible, when this was goryeo. We really don't learn from our mistakes. Moreover, I'm Jackson Romanno. I'm not scared of anyone.

His father stared at him. He couldn't believe his words. "Jackson, son. Our mother, the very first ruler of our established kingdom was a woman. A woman who our current queen owes her name too. What is wrong with you." He spoke lowly.

And Jackson scoffed. "Goryeo and Silla used to be brother kingdoms. She annihilated it all, queen? She destroyed everything.

She was the reason of our first great war, the biggest war. It was also our current queen's parents, our late king and queen who were responsible of the second great war, do they deserve it?"

His father slapped him. "You are delusional, insecure and pathetic. You stupid fool, have you read about it, heard about it. Because I saw the second war and I have never admired my cousin brother more than ever. Go sit in the library if you have to, but never in your life ever disrespect our mother queen, Princess y/n. She was a legend, you were not her. You do not know what happened, all we know is our country is safe. About you Jackson? You have two girlfriends, you use, disrespect and lock them up with your money. You are not a ruler" his father kept on going and that only angered Jackson.

"How dare you!?" Jackson's mom screamed and entered the hall.

"My son. That is my son and the future king, don't you dare talk to-" junghyung cut her off.

"Shut up jae in. I loved you, you have become a monster and turned out son into one too. I don't even know you anymore, sometimes I really want to divorce you, you have only tried to ruin our family and this great kingdom of romanno" saying this the mand immediately left.

Both the son and mother were shook.

His mother clenched her fist and fumed with anger. "Jackson" she called her son.

"Yes mother"

"Dead men don't divorce" she said and left immediately. Jackson smirks and nods. "They definitely don't."