T W E L V E

✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎
𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎
*I don't think they use portable phones in the show but the first portable phone was made in 1973 so Imma give them some*
Also this chapter was so emotionally draining :(
✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎

After 10 minutes of scrubbing, Anastasia finally got the paint of her face. Billy was in the shower. She heard her phone ringing. When she saw it was Steve she shut the door to Billy's room, giving her more privacy.'

"Hey Steve." She says quietly.

"Ana! W-Why are you whispering?" Steve says shakily.

"Cause I-"

"You know what. Don't answer that. Listen I need you to meet us in the woods near the Lab." Steve says, cutting off his sister.

"I- Okay. May I ask why?" She asks.

"Look I'll explain when you get there just please please hurry!" He says frantically.

"What about Billy?"

"Just distract him and tell him you'll be back later." He huffs.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Ana says.

"I gotta go." Steve says before hanging up the phone. She scoffs.

"That little-"

"Who was that?" Billy asks. Ana jumps and turns to face him. Her farce flushes when she sees his shirtless body.

"Uh it was Steve." Ana scratches her arm.

"What'd he want?" He asks, walking over to his closet.

"He said I needed to head home. Something came up." Ana tries to walk past Billy but he steps in front of her, blocking the way.

"Don't lie to me." He says lowly.

"Billy, I-I'm not." She stutters.

"There's something you're not telling me." He folds his arms as he backs her up against the wall.

She places a hand on his bare chest. "Billy I-"

"Now what is it?" Ana opens her mouth to speak. A door slamming shut can be heard down the hall. Billy's eyes widen, he hangs his head. "Oh shi-" a soft knock can be heard on the other side of Billy's door.

"Billy?" A soft voice says.

"Yeah, I'm a little bit busy in here, Susan." Billy says sliding his shirt over his head. He turns back to Ana. "You need to hide!" He whispers.

"Why?" She asks.

"Open the door. Right now!" Neil yells.