S I X T E E N

*************************
𝘈𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘖𝘧 𝘝𝘪𝘦𝘸
*************************

"Turn!" Max says. I quickly jerk the steering wheel.

"Max, you have to give me a heads up. Other wise I'm going to wreck this car." I huff. I hear movement in the back.

"Nancy?" I glance back and see that Steve is awake. He groans and grips his nose.

"No, don't touch it." Dustin whispers. "Hey, buddy. It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a fight." Steve looks around.

"Ana. What is happening?" He grunts.

"You're okay, just go back to sleep." I whisper.

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas says as he holds a flashlight to the map.

"Wait a minute." Steve says making me cringe.

"Just relax. I promised that you'd be cool with saving the world, okay?" I say.

"Oh, my gosh. No! Stop the car. Slow down." He exclaims. The kids and Steve start bickering making me yell.

"Everybody shut up! I'm trying to focus!"

"Oh, wait, that's Mount Sinai. Make a left." Lucas points.

"What?"

"Make a left." Max says before turning the wheel. We scream as we hit a mail box.

"Do NOT touch the wheel." I yell. We finally arrive at the tunnel entrance. We all hop out of the car, I quickly check the front of the Camaro and see a few dips and scratches. "Billy's gonna kill me." I whisper.

"Oh, no. Guys." Steve says as the kids start putting on their suits and gear. "Hey, where do you think you're going? What are you, deaf? Hello? We are not going down there right now. I made myself clear. Hey, there's no chance we're going to that hole, all right? This ends right now!" He continues to yell.

"Steve, you're upset, I get it. But the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance, and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you guys promised Nance that you would keep us safe. So, keep us safe." Dustin says as he hands Steve the bag. He huffs and grabs the bag. We enter the tunnels. It's by far the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.

"Holy shit." Steve whispers.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this way." Mike says.

"You're pretty sure, or you're certain?" I ask.

"I'm 100% sure. Just follow me and you'll know." Mike yells through his mask.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I don't think so." Steve says. "Any of you little shits die down here, I'm getting the blame. Got it, dipshit? From here on out, I'm leading the way. Come on, let's go." He leads us down a tunnel.

"Hey, a little hustle. I'm not trying to die right now." I yell from the back of the line.

"What is this place?" Max whispers

"Keep moving." Steve calls.

Suddenly Dustin starts screaming. "Help! Help! Help!"

"Dustin." Mike calls. Dustin rolls on the ground screaming.

"What happened?" I ask frantically.

"It's in my mouth! Some got on my mouth! Shit!" He whimpers before going into a coughing fit. Once he composes himself he turns back to us. "I'm okay." I roll my eyes and start walking.