the shower

the next morning when cat woke up, nothing had changed. everything was just the way that it had been left before. jade was still laying down next to her, and she was still utterly confused as to what had happened. was it all just a dream? or did jade actually kiss her? did she ask? or just play it cool?

cat had never told anyone about the fact that she though that she was lesbian- or at least bisexual? ugh, she didn’t know right from left and she sure as hell didn’t know about how she felt about jade. i mean, she really liked her, but like that? when she told jade, she just thought that jade was going to say cool and ask stereotypical questions like, “when did you know?” and “have you ever had a crush on me?”. not kiss her!

cat stayed there until jade eventually woke up. jade started getting her things together. the sun peeked through into the tiny space and cat pretended to wake up. 

“goodmorning!” she said cheerfully. 

“hey,” jade said nervously, “about last night…” even if cat wasn’t willing to admit it to herself, she had a crush on jade. and she knew that, she just wasn’t ready to accept the fact that she wasn’t straight. she had always grown up being taught that man was made for woman, and now that she knew that wasn’t always the case, she was more confused than ever. 

“it was a mistake.” cat was taken aback, but she tried to play it cool,

“what do you mean?” as much as she tried not to, her voice still sounded hurt. 

“i mean, i’m dating beck and it wouldn’t be fair to him. we’re just friends, and i shouldn’t have kissed you. you’re not even that sure about it, and i’m over here kissing you,” she kind of rambled on, “i’m sorry, but it can’t happen.”

what was cat supposed to say to that?

“yeah, of course!” cat pretended to agree, even though it was easy to see that she was lying. jade could tell that too, but she didn’t say anything and just pretended not to notice. 

they left the treehouse and walked back in silence. cat didn’t want to come back home to her parents, so she went to jades house with her as just friends. they had to get ready for school and cat needed to borrow some clothes, but first she needed to take a shower. nerves made her sweaty, and she didn’t want to smell bad for school. 

“is it okay if i use your shower?” cat asked as soon as they were in jades house. jades parents weren’t at home- they were on some island somewhere, cat wasn’t really sure. 

“um, yeah.” jade pointed to the bathroom and cat quickly took off. 

cat turned the shower as hot as she could to try to erase last night. she made sure that her arm was doing okay, which it was. she folded her clothes in a neat pile on the toilet and got in the shower. 

jades bathroom was really nice, but it wasn’t what cat had in mind. she expected some black cave for a bathroom with a hole in the ground for a toilet. it was about the exact opposite. there was blue and white tile in the bathroom and a roomy shower. there was a large sink with lots of cabinet space and the shower was also really nice. there was a clear glass door and there was lots of shelves for various products. 

halfway through her shower she heard a knock on the door,

“hey, i need some makeup from in there,” jades voice carried through the door, “can i come in really quick?” 

cat thought for a moment, 

“fine, just don’t look!” she told jade. 

the door opened and the whole time that jade was grabbing everything cat had her eyes glued on jades. cat wasn’t insecure, but after last night and this morning, she wasn’t ready for jade to see any more of her than she already had. 

to cat’s fortune, jade didn’t look at her and was in and out pretty quick. cat finished her shower and stepped out onto the cold tile. she took a towel and wrapped it around her cold body. she was just now realizing; she hadn’t brang any clothes. 

“jade!” she called from inside the bathroom. cat had ocd, and putting on her dirty clothes from walking through the woods just wasn’t going to cut it for her. 

“jade!” nothing. 

“jade!” she called as loud as she could, but jade still couldn’t hear her. 

she was going to have to walk out into jades bedroom to ask her for clothes. cats anxiety was through the roof and she didn’t want to have to do what she had to do, but it had to be done. she had to walk out in front of jade with nothing but a towel on. 

okay, this is okay, i’m going to be fine! she tried calming herself down, and it worked somewhat, but not a whole lot. 

finally she had had enough. she’d been in the bathroom just standing there for way too long and she needed to get ready for school. 

she opened the door and bravely walked out into the hallway. her hair dripped through the hallway and she became self conscious about how much of herself could be seen with the only the towel. 

she arrived at jades door. she knocked, 

“jade?”

the door quickly opened and jade stood there, unfazed by the fact that cat was in nothing but a towel standing in front of her. 

“yeah?” 

“oh um,” cat stumbled on her words, “could i borrow some clothes?” she asked shyly. 

“yeah,” jade walked and opened her closet doors, “but i don’t think i have anything that’s not black.” her eyes scanned the closet as cat slowey walked over to where jade was. 

“that’s fine.” that’s a lie. cat hated the color black, it was so lifeless, yet it looked so good on jade. NO! cat thought, i can’t like jade! we already talked about this and it just can’t happen! cat didn’t want to ruin their friendship, but she really like jade. and she wasn’t good at hiding it. 

“i thought you hated the color black?”

“i mean, yeah i do, but it’s fine.” cat tried to slide her way out of the mess that she had gotten herself into, but it wasn’t working that well.

“okay, weirdo.” jade laughed. 

jade found cat an old dress that she had worn in like fifth grade that would fit cat and something that wasn’t black. cat didn’t loveee the dress, but at least she wasn’t showing up to school naked, right?

time to go to school. 

time to show up in jades car. together. at school. 

sorry its taken me so long to update! my laptop is always dead and when its not ive either forgotten it somewhere or my wifis out lol
i hope you liked it!!!!!
please vote and comment, it literally means so much to me:)

emilyxxtpwk