car rides

song for this chapter: water fountain by alec benjamin

"ready to go?" jade asked cat as she was about to walk out the door.

"yeah, i think so" cat replied nervously. she was already full of anxiety from the rest of the day, telling jade she was bi, kissing... she could barely handle the thought of showing up to school in jades car after leaving early the day before. her phone had been blowing up with texts from all her other friends from hollywood arts. it was normal for jade to disappear from school without telling anyone, but not cat. she always had a reason; even if it was a bad one. 

"c'mon then, let's go." jade was already halfway to her car before she had realized cat was lost in thought. 

cat ran up to jade, closing the door behind her. they both jumped in the car, trying to escape the california heat. jades car, of course, was black so it was just as hot, if not more, in the car than it was outside. 

jade put the keys in the ignition and the car sprung to life. so many things were happening at once, it was almost overwhelming. the engine roared, and the AC had been turned all the way up. on top of that, the radio was blasting some rock music, that cat didn't recognize. 

jade quickly turned the AC and radio down once she realized it bother cat. 

"erm..." jade flipped through the radio stations, not knowing what cat would like, "here." she said quietly as she turned on the pop station that was playing new music. 

"sorry about that." jade pulled out of her driveway and onto the street, where almost no cars were, as it was still early in the morning. jade always arrived early to school to meet people that she knew, although she almost always ended up being late to class. 

"it's fine." cat flattened out the dress and buckled her seat belt in. 

most of the car ride was a sort of awkward silence that made each of them uncomfortable, but neither could think of anything to say. they were both thinking of the same thing though; they kissed and cat hadn't told jade how she actually felt. jade was dating beck, and cat knew that, but feeling just sort of... happen. and it's not like she could help that, but she needed to get over them, that was for sure. 

from now on, no talking to jade at school. cat thought to herself. this was a perfect solution, she thought. she wouldn't have to talk to jade, and she wouldn't feel anything for her, what could go wrong?

jade pulled up to the school and they both got out of the car. luckily, it seemed as though no one was there, so there was no one to see them together, especially not beck, that wouldn't be good. i mean, it's not like his first thought would be that they were dating, cat wasn't even sure that he knew that she was bi, but cat wasn't exactly a great liar. she was bound let something slip that day, and that thought ate her up all day.

even though jade suggested that they wait in sikowitz's class until school starts, cat didn't respond but instead ran to the bathroom. she sat there hiding from jade until she could hear indistinct chatter outside the door and knew that there enough people in the hallways that if she walked out, jade wouldn't be able to find her. 

sorry that this chapter is so short, and that i haven't updated in what seems like years!!! my mental health has been, quite frankly, horrible lately so doing much of anything seems like a task in itself. anyways, i hope that everyone enjoyed this and i promise that more will be coming, hopefully, soon. i finally have a plan for what i want to happen for the rest of the story, so things should be a little bit more manageable. but also, a lot of the times i forget to update this lol so if you just comment on a chapter asking for an update, i'll start working on it. 

thank you so much to everyone who is reading this lol

emilyxx tpwk;)