SWTPD (Ending A)

"Hold on girl give me a second." Onika had been on the phone currently receiving an earful from her best friend Courtney about her recent going ons. Truth be told she wasn't particularly listening either.

"I have a pick up." She spoke to the store counter associate. Now she stood in the foot locker inside the mall picking up the newest shoes she'd ordered for Courtney's son's 13th birthday coming up. That's all the boy ever talked about.

"Email or receipt please." The woman kindly asked.

Onika showed her the phone's screen and the lady disappeared behind the counter.

"Everything okay?" Her friend asked.

"Yeah girl I'm here at the mall picking up these shoes I ordered for Corbin."

She heard her friend chuckle.

"You know he gon lose his mind."

"I'm only buying em to shut the boy up since you refuse to." They both laughed especially given they both knew that wasn't true. Onika regularly spoiled him rotten on her own accord.

The woman returned with the shoes. She thanked her quickly before exiting the store.

"Anyways what y'all got planned for tomorrow I'm-"

Suddenly Onika felt a body shove her off balance, she gripped her phone careful not to drop it

"Yo, what the hell!?" She flipped around.

She was met with a young girl turning to face her as well wide eyed.

"Miss I am so sorry, me and my sister were just foolin' it was an accident." The young girl spoke panicked hoping to quell her anger.

Onika eyed the girl for a moment. Not to scrutinize her but because she looked strikingly familiar.

"Hang on Courtney... yeah I'm good ima just have to call you back." She spoke ending the call.

She shifted her stance squinting at the now two girls standing before her, identical twins.

"Yeah we are so so sorry ma'am please don't be mad we'a pay you or somethin' just, chill please." The other now spoke looking over her shoulder clearly hoping the parent hadn't noticed.

As soon as it clicked in Onika's head just whose face and southern drawl the two tweens shared she heard that voice.

"Evelyn and Celeste I swear if y'all over here bothering somebody ima wear y'all asses out." The voice threatened.

Before the woman could speak another word she looked up at the slightly shorter woman. She froze mouth gapped quite literally speechless.

Onika stood staring in complete shock at her ex, Beyoncé. They hadn't seen each other or spoken in a little over 12 years. In fact Onika had moved clear cross the country to California.

Beyoncé stood now with a more mature face, serious eyes, bone straight blonde hair and a dangerously curvy figure. She had filled out nicely.

"Holy shit..." Onika mumbled incapable of saying much else.

The twins now looked up to her puzzled, she refused to take her eyes away from their mother.

"Dang lady I know my mama fine but-"

"Stop. It. Lynn," Beyoncé quickly gritted. She took a deep breath. "This is my old friend... Onika."