Weak

She laid in bed, alone, silent, deep in thought. Her hand protectively rubbed over the smooth skin of her stomach, it was calming to her.

Just as it had always been the past couple months, the stress reliever she'd grown accustomed to. Most woman alone and pregnant were emotional train wrecks with no one to calm their moody fits. And of course the random thought of being alone and pregnant sent them into further disarray.

How would the child be raised?

Would they ever have another parent figure?

What would the other children with two parents think?

But these thoughts never caused Beyoncé any more stress than the next, she was always too worried thinking about something else; someone else. She could only get worked up over one person. But every time she did, a simple glance at her growing stomach eased her nerves.

She'd carefully rub it, and simply watch it completely in love. This child was possibly the only thing that had gotten her through these three months. She was so ready for her baby girl. Ready to love her and hold her, and be loved back. The fear of her child coming to not like her one day wasn't even in discussion. In her mind that didn't exist, there's no way that could happen.

Because at the very least, she could have a perfect child. She'd been through so much shit, lost so many people, all she wanted was the perfect child.

Beyoncé almost ignored the sound of her bedroom door opening, if it weren't for her remembering she was there alone.

Being alone would be something she'd need to get used to, for another three months at least.

But it was so, impossibly hard.

Every morning she expected to hear the shower running, and the faint sound of her humming before the bathroom door opened letting steam out and the sweet smell of her honey soap; it made her smile. Every afternoon, she expected to hear the sound of the garage being let up, and soon after her obnoxiously loud and lively voice as she came in with lunch complaining about not getting maternity leave for another month and a half because she was still new to the company; it made her laugh. And every night she waited hopelessly to feel her warm, comforting body wrapped around hers, so she could hear about all that happened in her day, and how much she missed her; it made her complete.

But now none of that.

She woke up cold and alone, with only the sounds of her sniffles reminding her of her solitaire. She fixed lunch for herself, bored in her own thoughts and eating by herself. And she went to bed alone. No one to bring her comfort, or companionship, or love, or anything. Just cold and alone.

Beyoncé was on the verge adjusting too, she felt she was nearly a few days closer to being ok, but hearing that door open ruined everything.

She sat up abruptly, looking to the dark silhouette in the door, her silhouette.

Slight exhilaration pulsed her chest. But it was also followed by grief, pain, exhaustion, tears.

"What are you doing here?" She managed to ask.

"I um... I thought you would've changed the locks by now. But when I saw that you didn't... I-"

"Why are you here Onika." Beyoncé questioned again not up for the small talk and bullshitting.

She walked fully into the room closing the door behind herself, before sighing.