Ch 1: The Good News

"Hey Melody!!"

 A small voice chirped, the aforementioned Melody turned her head to see her little brother looking up at her "Wanna play with me?" He asked, making his eyes as big as possible to try and convince her 

"I will Finn, just have to finish this up real quick." She said, looking at a piece of paper 

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssseeeeee?" Finn drew out practically begging his sister into playing. Melody rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically 

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNE!!!!" She replied in the same voice, booping his nose playfully.

 "YAY!!!" Finn yelled, jumping into the air, grabbing Melody's hand. Grabbing a yellow shirt, she waited for her brother to put on a white hood "I'm Finn the human!" he said. Melody giggled. " And I'm Jake the dog!!" she replied "And it's ADVENTURE TIME!!" They both shouted together. Picking up a toy sword, Finn jumped on Melody's back and she ran around the room, with him waving the sword around. A few hours later, Melody and Finn's parents had returned, big smiles on their faces.

 "Melody!! We have some big news!!!" her mom said. 

Putting Finn down, she looked curious "What is it?" she asked. Her parents beamed 

"A talent scout is in town today!! He says he's looking for singers!! This could be your big chance!!!"

 Melody went pale "Um...I don't know..." she said, looking down at her hands.

Finn gabbed Melody's shirt and looked up at her "You should go Melody!! You have a beautiful voice!" he said

Melody looked apprehensive "Yeah but what if something goes wrong? What if my voice cracks? What if the talent scout gets a heart attack? What if the house catches on fire while we're out? Not to mention that there will be other, prettier singers that want a chance at stardom."

While Melody's mind wandered to all the ridiculous outcomes if she does this, Finn hugged her leg.

"You are very beautiful!! you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen!!" he said, big eyes gazing at hers

Melody rolled her eyes "I'm your sister. Of course you would say that." she said, ruffling his hair.

Her father put a hand on her shoulder. "Well. he doesn't come until Friday...you can still think about it."

Melody nodded. Later that night. Melody was still thinking about her father's words. Unaware that her heart was yearning to go...and somebody knew it.