Ch 11: The Diver and the Dolphin (Act 1)

Melody was playing with Finn in a large field filled with flowers. Finn laughed as Meldoy tossed him into the air and the two of them rolled down hills together, giggling as they did "It's a beautiful day today..." Melody said, looking up at the sky "It is! The only thing that could make it even better is if you sang today!" Finn said. Melody smiled "Okay!" She said as she stood up and took a deep breath..."And WHAT are you going to sing for us today?" Said a new voice that was definitely NOT Finn's. Suddenly, the world turned dark the grassy plain was gone, in it's place was a dark looking theater, with a mixture of people and creatures...All staring at Melody "Well...we're WAITING" They all said in distorted voices. Melody started to sweat as she saw Finn ties up in dark looking tentacles "C'mon my dear...SING! You have nothing to fear!" Balan's voice said as puppet strings tied to her arms and legs, making her dance and perform against her will. The audience around her laughed at her misfortune as the stage started to get enveloped in flames "You. Are Worthless!!" Lance's voice rang out as he stepped out of the flames. "You. Are. NOTHING." he said as the world was ablaze and wrapped in dark tentacles. "YOU ARE MINE!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Melody screamed as she woke up back on the train, sweating and looking around for any sign of Lance, fire, or dark looking characters...or Finn. Realizing it was just a dream Melody slumped in her seat as she gazed out the window, looking out at the Isle of Tims and the three lands that surrounded-wait a minute...THREE?! Melody looked out the window and surely enough, there were 3 islands: Jose's farmer world and two she had never seen before. A pirate ship and coral poked out of one while the other world had a mushrooms, webs and plant live enveloping it. Melody didn't like the look of EITHER of them, but she knew that unless she helped whoever was in there she might not get out of there, or find Finn. The girl sighed as she pointed at a finger "Eenie Meeny, Miney...MO!" She said as her pointed to the island with a big 2 on it. "Guess I'm going to water land..." she said as she slowly walked to the door, a couple of Tims followed her.

Opening the door, Light flooded Melody's vision again, and she was greeted to the smell of...sea water?! Once Melody's vision cleared up, she saw that she was underwater! Melody quickly held her breath...but realized that she could still breathe. "I suppose being able to breathe underwater is good..." she said, just as another voice talked in her head, this time a peppy female voice

The Diver and the Dolphin

Melody jumped as she heard it, before shaking her head and walking towards...a block of water? Melody looked confused at the block as she pokes a finger at it. Surprisingly, it didn't go through, the water block was at solid as...well, a block. As much as Melody liked the solid water and the fact that she can't drown, there was still a small dilemma: She couldn't jump high enough to get to a nearby ledge...even with the water block. Looking around, the girl spotted another crystal with a costume inside, this time a jellyfish like costume. Melody looked apprehensive at first, but knowing she needs to get up there, she grabs a key and twirled into the costume. When she stopped spinning, she saw that she was wearing a puffy blue dress, and her hair had changed into light blue dreadlock/tentacle like hair, and on top of her was a cap, that looks like the top of a jellyfish. "Well, it's not as bad as the wolf...at least my ears aren't at the top of my head..." Melody thought, as she walked to the block of water again. However, this time, instead of landing on top of the block of water, she shot through it! Melody quickly held her breath as a current pulled her through to the top of the block, a her head hit a switch, that extended another block of water up to the ledge she needed to get to. Melody snapped out of her daze as she walked to the bigger block, and swam upwards, this time holding her breath. When she made it to the top, she stopped to catch her breath...and made eye contact with a very big woman, who had a ponytail that was pointing up, yellow eyeshadow, brown eyes, and a blue and yellow wetsuit.

"Hello there!" She said cheerfully as she looked down at Melody. "Having a little swim?" She asked. Melody looked confused, but nodded either way "I'm glad you are! I wish I could join you!" She said as she started to grow transparent. Melody was about to ask why until she was jumped by the Negati again, only this time, they were different than the ones she had faced before. One of them had charged at Melody's face, causing her to jump, and causing an electric force field to appear around her, shocking the negative creature, and causing it to poof away in a cloud of black dust

Melody looked at the new costume, realizing that she can use this to her advantage, Melody began to rapidly jump, shocking the Negati away from her and causing them to vanish in a cloud of black smoke. When Melody realized that they were all gone, she now discovered a new problem...There was another area to get to, but there was no bridge or way to get across. Melody looked annoyed until she spotted another gem containing a costume, this one holding a green figure covered in leaves. Grabbing a nearby Key, she twirled and looked at herself. She was now wearing a green dress patterned with bubbles and leaves with a leafy hood, her hair now white and had gained curled shoes. Melody looked confused

"What am I supposed to do with THIS?!" She yelled, not seeing the connection. Soon she had jumped in the hopes that SOMETHING would happen, and to her surprise, a large soap bubble appeared under her feet as she started to gracefully float "WHOA! OK, Take it easy..." Melody said as she slowly floated...to a pointy ledge. The bubble beneath her popped as her back met the ground. "OW!" Melody yelled, rubbing the back if her head "Heehee!! You almost made it!" The Diver said, sitting on a nearby block ""Almost"? Yeah right..."

Melody griped as she stood up "You'll get it! Practice makes perfect after all!" The Diver said, disappearing from the block when Melody got close. Those words...those horrible horrible words brought bad memories to her head...But now was not the time to dwell on it...right now she had a heart to get and a brother to find. Looking out, Melody saw some blocks she could jump on if the bubble popped. Taking a running start, she activated the bubble and jumped from block to block, quickly getting across. "Phew...Now, to just keep on-AAAAH!!" Melody screamed as a large metal block had rolled over to her. Ducking out of the way just in time, Melody could see multiple metal blocks rolling around the area. Using the bubble once more, she got to higher ground and activated a switch that opened a nearby door.

Melody considered using the ledges to her advantage...until she looked down and saw how high up she was. Deciding to use the gap between the boxes, she quickly ran as fast as she could...into a nearby Negati. "GAAAAAAH!!" Melody yelled as the Negati had a touch that felt like a burn, mixed with an electric shock, in short: IT HURT. However, While Melody didn't have any injuries, she now had a new problem:She no longer had the bubble costume. Melody panicked as the Negati began to gang up on her, 'uh Balan...I could use a little help right here...NOW!!' She thought as the black creatures got closer. 'Oh I'm gonna look really stupid doing this...' Meldoy thought as she twirled in place, HOPING that it would do something, and to her relief, the Jellyfish costume had returned onto her body!

"THANK GOODNESS!!" She shouts as she shocks the Negati, making poof away. Once they had all vanished, Melody looked ahead to see the large black structure from the first world, and water blocks leading her to it. Jumping in, Melody shot through the waters leading her to the Black Tree "OK little guys, do your thing" She said as the Tims glowed and shattered it, revealing the beautiful pink crystal heart from the first world. It shrunk down to fit Melody's pocket as the world glowed white once more, as she moved deeper into the depths of this Aquatic stage...