Ch7: The Man Who Rages Against the Storm (Act 1)

Melody woke up again, holding her head "What is is with me and passing out today?" She asked herself. Raising to her knees, Melody took a look around, and saw that she wasn't in the auditorium anymore...or even the theater at all. Instead, she was standing in the middle of a island, floating in a sea of clouds. "Oh..COME ON!!!" Melody yelled, upset with the new location. The chick things that were in the auditorium with her had appeared again, cautiously hopping towards her. Melody saw them and gazed at them. "Ok...Maybe you might know a way off this place" she said to them. Suddenly, a  pink one with cat ears jumped onto her shoulder, and nuzzled against her cheek "Hey!" She yelled out, reaching for it, but instead another one jumped onto her stomach, making her fall on her back, leaving her vulnerable to more of them. "Get off me!!" Melody yelled, but her words fell upon deaf ears as more of them piled on. Soon, Melody's body was covered up in a pile of the chick like creatures, who picked her up and took her to another part of the isle. On it, Melody could see what looked like a farm with corn. A stained glass window stood behind it that had the number one on it. Hopping closer to it, the chick things stood on a platform and a door appeared.

"WAIT!! WHERE ARE WE GOING?!?!" Melody yelled as the world was rinsed in white again. When she could see again, she could see what looked to be a farmers paradise, with floating fruits and vegetables floating in the air, the sky a beautiful blue, and a big stone wall sat in the middle of it all. Looking around, Melody could hear a male voice. One that sounded different, and whispered a name into her head:

"The Man Who Rages Against the Storm"

"HUH?!" Melody looked around for the mysterious speaker, but saw nothing. Realizing that the chick things had disappeared from her, and that she could stand up again, she sighed "Oh well, only one way to go..." she said, staring ahead. Walking forward, she spotted the same teardrop shaped gem that was in the auditorium. Picking them up, and stuffing them into her pockets, she pressed forward. Walking further, Melody spotted two things: One, a giant man dressed in a red shirt, blue overalls and a straw hat. And two, she spotted what looked to be two dancing wolves.

'Maybe it's best not to question these things...maybe this is all just one big fever dream or something...'

Melody thought. "Howdy there!" The giant man said down to Melody. She looked up at him "Um...hi?" She said, although it came out as a question than a greeting "Best be gettin along there." He said with a smile. "What does that-" Melody was cut off by him disappearing in front of her when she got closer. Melody looked confused, but decided to walk to the dancing wolves instead...only for them to disappear too.

"OH COME ON!!! WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING HERE IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!" She yelled up  at the sky, as if the figure would shoot back down to tell her what to do. Fluff brushed against her leg as she looked down. A pink chick thing jumped up at her, a key on its head. Picking it up, Melody gazed at it "...what am I supposed to do with this?" She asked as another chick hopped over to a large pink gem, the dancing wolf from before inside of it. A keyhole showing itself in front of her. "I wonder if I just..." Melody raised the key...but then she stopped...fear in her eyes "No...Maybe there's another-" she was cut of by a chick thing pushing her, making her put the key into the hole, and a glow surrounding her body. Melody closed her eyes as her body went through some...changes. When the glow died down, she felt different, she felt...stronger. peeking open an eye, she saw that her clothes had been transformed. She was wearing another dress,that was brown covered in light brown scratch marks, a jacket, fingerless gloves and strong brown boots...and it was all COVERED in fur.

"AAAAHHH!! WHA-?!?! BUT, HOW DID?!?!" Melody panicked, gazing at her new look with fear. One of the chick started chirping at her, and started spinning, making Melody temporarily stop panicking. "What? Do...do you want me to spin around that rock?" She asked as the chick gave a happy chirp, earning a frantic shake of the head from Melody "No! NO!!! What if I slip and bust my head, or trip and crack my skull open or-" she was cut of by the frantic chirping from the chicks, but she didn't know where it was coming from...causing her to spin around...and destroy the rock, to her surprise "Did...I...do that?" She asked, when another chick chirped to where another rock was, but this time on an elevated platform. Melody already knew what they wanted her to do. Letting out a sigh, she spun around again and a button revealed itself. Pushing the aforementioned button, the gate that was in front of her revealed a glowing blue swirl, and opened for them. "O...K..?" Melody asked, unsure of what was lying ahead for her through the gate. Cautiously walking through, Melody peeked around the corner and spotted what looked like a blue kangaroo waving at her "C'mon!! Your getting closer!!!" It said, running through a nearby mirror and appearing at the other side. Melody gasped at the mirror, before looking around for another way across...only to find none.

"Ok...do it for Finn...Do it for Finn...do it for...FRICK!!" Melody exclaimed when she saw her reflection in the magic mirror...her clothes weren't the only thing that had changed. Gazing in the mirror, she could see that her hair had grown bushy and wild, like the wolves mane, and had ears poking at the top of her head. Feeling the sides of her head, Melody discovered that those were her ears that had relocated themselves onto her head...and transformed into wolf ears. One of the chick things pushed Melody into the mirror, snapping her out of it. Toppling into the mirror, Melody braced herself, falling out of the other side. Peeking an eye open and seeing she was unharmed, she quickly scurried out of the mirror, the little chicks following her. Walking forward, she spotted some more of those gems,  but when walking forward, to grab them, a dark portal appeared and another figure appeared from it. He was tall and thin, just like the lanky thing from before, but instead of the flashy white clothing, he wore a dark purple bodysuit, a torn overcoat above it, and gold heeled shoes covered in rust. Also where the lanky thing had green hair, golden eyes and a big smile, he had black tentacle like hair, Blue and yellow cat-like eyes, and no smile...just a single tear going down his face. But the thing that scared Melody the most was the big, black wriggling tentacles on his back.

He gazed down at Melody, taking note of her 'strange' appearance before saying "Well well, what do we have here? A new visitor that looks at everything in fear?" He asked in a slightly higher voice than the lanky thing. Melody took a step back "O-OK um...I don't really want to do anything wrong...I just really want to get out of here and-" the name figure held up a hand, signaling Melody to stop "I know why you are here to start...Balan sent you here to 'fix' your heart" Melody looked at him with confusion "Balan?" She questioned as the figures eyes narrowed "The figure in the top hat and  smile. So you might be here for a while." He said, before raising his fingers. "And before I lose the chance, I might as well tell you that my name is Lance." He said. As soon as he did, he snapped his fingers and three black...things popped out if the ground, causing Melody to panic and fall over on her back. The black things had seen her and started to hop over to her, arms flailing. Melody screamed in terror and started to run away, until one of them latched onto her leg "GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!!" She screamed hopping up and down and kicking her leg. "Try spinnin"  a familiar male voice said. In her panic,  she saw the farmer sitting on a nearby set of stone stairs. Blushing as she felt embarrassed, she did as she was told and spun around again, kicking the black thing off of the land and down into the rolling abyss below. Realizing her newfound power was useful, she ran towards the other ones and spun, quickly watching them burst into those teardrop-like gems. Panting, she walked forward again and saw another door and the button to push it... much to far away for another jump. Soon, one of the little chick things brought Melody another key, and another led her to another gem like capsule, this time with that same blue kangaroo that led her through the mirror. Taking the key, she unlocked it and felt herself spinning again and her body going through another change. Now she had a blue long sleeve dress with white fur and light blue leggings also with fur. She could see that there was also a pouch with a baby kangaroo in front of her...and it felt like it was snoring.

'I'm not going to question things at this point...' Melody thought as she reached the edge of the stone stairs. She took a small jump as her thoughts went through her head (WHY THE HECK AM K DOING THIS?!?!?!) She panicked. Suddenly, she felt her legs flail underneath her, and her feet touch solid ground. Gazing at her new power, she spotted the button for the gate. Making another jump across, she firmly planted herself on the button, she turned around and saw the gate raise, revealing a large...thing that looked like 'Lance's' tentacles. Melody cringed, she didn't want to even get NEAR this thing, but if it brought her closer to finding Finn and a way out, she had no choice. That's when the little chicks came by, and started glowing. When did a little hop. The thing disappeared and a pink Crystal-like heart appeared, spinning and floating in her hands. Melody looked at it in awe "Wow...this is beautiful..." she said, as the pink heart shrunk down to the size of a small ball and Melody held onto it as the world began to change.

Oh boy...What Have I Gotten Into?"