Ch8: The Man Who Rages Against the Storm (Act 2)

The world around Melody twisted and curved, like how a pop-up book would. A gate opened up, indicating that forward is the way to go. Melody sighed, but went forward anyway, the small chick things following her. Walking through the twisting and turning world, she passed a couple more costumes, a flower that caused her torso to stretch to an unusual proportion (which freaked Melody out) and a dragon that enabled to make Melody breath fire from her own mouth (which also caused her to freak out) However, Melody discovered that the flame in her stomach had made her less...jumpy, which too away her ability to jump and she had to climb up the bale of hay blocking her way. Melody watched in frustration as the little chicks had ended up lightly floating upwards with their little wings.

Continuing to walk through this winding world she had been looking at her surroundings, when she stopped and did a double check on a nearby scarecrow...which had very shiny white clothes, golden eyes, a great big smile, and a white top hat with eye holes in them.

Melody grimaced "I'm going to turn around and when I do, I'm NOT going to see that lanky thing named Balan that kidnapped me and my brother brought me to this confusing world..."

she said to herself. Slowly turning around, she peeked an eye open...and spotted a regular scarecrow in her wake. Letting out a sigh of relief, Melody walked forward...and into Balan. "GAH!! WHY?!?!" She shouted, toppling to the ground once more as Balan chuckled "Can't get enough of me? You keep falling head over heels for me" he teased as Melody's face went red.

"SHUT UP!! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO JUST DROPPED ME HERE! WITH THESE CHICK LOOKING THINGS!!!" She yelled, but Balan was unfazed "OH! you mean the Tims, they've told me about your woes and whims" he told her as one of the Tims rubbed against his leg. Balan looked down and gave a smile before picking it up. "I see you doing very well, but why not try and have some fun for a spell" he said before extending a hand to her. Melody looked down at his hand with a confused and worried look "What do you mean?" She asked, her voice shaking a bit. Balan smiles "All I'm asking is to take a break, a little flight, give or take. And maybe for a while little one, we can have a bit of fun." He said. Melody backed away a. few steps " Um...no thanks, the sooner I get through here, the sooner I can find Finn and get out of-"

Melody was cut off by one of the Tims "accidentally" bumping into her back, knocking her into Balan...and making her take one of his hands "I knew you'd want to come my dear, now hang on tight, there's nothing to fear!" Balan said as they shot up into the air. Melody held onto Balan as tight as she could as she screamed at the top of her lungs. Balan gave her a cheeky look...and let go of her hand. Melody looked petrified before realizing that she wasn't plummeting to her doom but flying right next to Balan. "I told you, but you didn't listen over your shout, but enough of that, it's time to show you what I'M all aBOUT!" Balan said as he zoomed forward, (a terrified) Melody in tow. Zooming through the air until they spotted what looked like a basket in the world below, only it was covered in some odd purple haze. "You wanna guess what we do here? If you please?" Balan asked looking to Melody who tries scurrying away "We turn around and pretend we never saw it?" She asked, but Balan's smile just got bigger "Nope...instead, WE SMASH IT WITH EASE!" He said as he charged towards it. Melody looked in fear, but found that she had lost control of her body and has matched Balan's pose...and her body charging to rock "NOOOOOO!!!!!" She yelled. But instead of her body cracking into a million pieces, she found that she had destroyed the rock, Balan next to her. Melody looks in shock before Balan zoomed forward again. Stopping in front of another blockade, Balan raised his hand and a glowing yellow ball appeared as he took aim of it. Melody once again lost control of her body and matched Balan's position. She ended up following his lead as he threw the Ball at the blockade, destroying it. Balan zoomed through the air again, doing a loop-de-loop before stopping what looked to be a big blue version of the thing in the black thing from before. "This negativity spike is a different matter, we must charge through it to make it shatter." He told Melody who blanched at the idea "There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I'm going through that thing!" She shouted, but Balan ony gave her a cheeky smile and zoomed towards it. Melody shut her eyes and braced herself as they came out on the other end, the sound of shattering glass behind her. Peeking an eye open, she found that the spiky thing was gone.

Light soon flooded her eyes, and found herself back in the farmlike world. "Bravo my dear! Through the air you showed no fear!" Balan encouragement, only to be met by Melody huddled up and shivering on the ground. One of the Tims slowly and cautiously touched Melody's cheek, causing her to shoot up and start shouting

"AH!!!! WHAT THE HECK?!?! I COULD HAVE DIED!!!! WHY WHY WHY?!?!?" This continued on for a good...15 minutes before Melody finally calmed down, taking deep breaths into a paper bag that Balan had graciously given her "Feelings better? At least a little bit? You lost a lot of breath and time from you panicky fit" he said. Melody removed the bag from her mouth and looked at Balan "W-Why me?! Why can't I just find Finn and get out of here?!" She asked "I'm sorry that your brother is far away...but believe me when I tell you he has an important part to play..."

Balan said, before letting out a playful bow, and disappeared again (much to Melody's frustration). Walking through the curving world again, she spots a piglet waving at her "You're doing great!" He shouted "I don't FEEL like I am. She thought in her head. After out-running a large steel ball and opening another gate, Melody hoped that her winding walk would be over...only to be stopped by what looked like a bigger version of that Negati from before...that could shoot tornados at her "AHH!" Melody yelped, trying to flee once more. But was stopped by it popping up in front of her. Panicking, Melody let out a terrified spin, unknowingly repelling the tornado it spat at her back at the attacker, making it lose one of its masks. Melody didn't see it though, as she was attempting to climb on top of a nearby haybale, and the bigger Negati was getting closer, only it was a bit more aggressive now. Melody looked terrified before letting another accidental tornado that was flung at the black creature, making it lose another mask. Now it was mad, spatting out 3 tornados at the same time, making Melody scurry like a bug, looking for shelter...and let out one more tornado. It hit the Negati square in the face, making it disappear and a gate in front of them opens up. On the other side of the gate, it was another one of those things that had the farmers heart. The Tims hopped up to it and started glowing again, revealing a round cage-like structure with a heart shaped hole. Melody felt the heart from her pocket raise out and grow in size, and float over to the hole. "...So now wha-" Melody was cut of by the world around her crumble except for a single platform that she and the Tims were on.

Meldoy opened her eyes and discovered that she was looking at a farm from a Birdseye view...and then shot down towards it at a fast pace. Looking around, she spotted the farmer, from before, but he didn't seem to notice her, She had finally learned his name: Jose Gallard. he looked to be really busy with some corn he was planting. The world around her zoomed again and she saw it was raining, but the farmer was still working (and for some reason there was a Balan looking scarecrow) the world zoomed again and it shows the farmers hat getting blown away, but he was STILL working. The world zoomed once more, and showed the farmer looked very proud and happy of his work...only for the skies to turn dark, and leaves blowing into the air. Melody saw the farmer had a terrified but devastated looked on his face as a very big tornado came to view, taking his crops along with it. The farmer face was shown once more...but with a heartbroken expression, as he dropped his shovel...watching his hard work get destroyed in a single storm...

And then it all goes dark...