Ch10: The Backrooms

"Hehehe! Stop that!"

Finn's laughter had filled up the room as he played with the Tims. Right now he was in a lavish room filled with lots of furniture, toys, and food. Balan had figured out what to do with Finn while Melody was rebalanceing her heart: he would hide him in an area of the theater called the backrooms that was used to usually house guests and visitors that had to spend some 'extra time' in Wonderworld.

When Finn was needed, he would tell him what to do and how to do it. If Finn asked about his sister, Balan would show him Melody's progress across Wonderworld.  If he was hungry, Balan brought him his favorite food, and if he was feeling lonely, he or the Tims would come and play with him. Finn giggled as the Tims bounced and jumped around him, but at the same time, he missed his sister, wondering how long it would be until he saw her again.

"Mister Balan?" Finn asked as Balan appeared in the room "Yes dear Finn what do you need? Just say the word and I will proceed" Balan said "I was just wondering...why do I have to hide from my sister?" He asked while holding a yellow Tim with bunny ears. "Because sweet Finn, it's part of the tale, with you tucked away, your sister will prevail! Think of it like a bedtime story: your the princess in distress and your sister is the knight of glory!" Balan explained. Finn tilted his head, not quite understanding Balan's words, when he started to feel a bit tired, seeing as it was his naptime.

"Oh dear Finn...it's time for you to get some sleep. But don't worry, an Eye on your sister I'll keep." Balan said as he took Finn over to the bed and tucked him in. A couple of Tims hopped over to the bed and snuggled with Finn as he grabbed a pink one with cat ears and hugged it like a plush toy.

"Stay Safe Melody...I Believe in you..."