Survival Mode: Start

Madison

After bidding Anne goodbye, Ariana, Adrien, Parker, Andrew and I walked towards Ariana's scooter. Andrew and Parker used separate bikes too so they were in no hurry to catch a bus or something. I didn't know how Adrien went home, but honestly I didn't care. I was just wondering how exactly Adrien became friends with good guys like Andrew and Parker when Parker spoke.

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm going..."

Parker and I were good friends, I felt really upset about him leaving but I tried to stay strong for his sake, he was the one who had to leave all friends behind. I patted his shoulder.

"Just stay in touch, okay?"

Parker had always been important to me. We used to be great friends till a few years ago but with time, we stopped spending time with each other. But our bond never got weak, I could approach him after months and he would still interact with me like we were childhood friends who never got separated; same was with me. I was afraid he was gonna ask me to come and see him off when he would be leaving, and I didn't trust myself: I would definitely cry.

Just then, a big black Audi came to a stop, right next to us.

"Guys, I gotta go too. Bye!" Adrien high-fived Andrew and Parker, winked at Ariana, and nodded at me. He was so dramatic but at least he knew not to act with me like he does with other girls. Adrien boarded that car and went away as Ariana stared in his direction.

"Gods..."

"Well, we're gonna be leaving too now, I have to go home and help with the packing." Parker said.

"Packing can be real pain," Ariana nodded.

"Bye Madison, Ariana." Andrew said and moved towards his bike while Parker mounted his own.

"Come on," Ariana told me to sit on her scooter.

"Ariana, I swear if you drop me I'm gonna kill you."

***

Haily was waiting for us outside the house with the keys. She was leaving for the metro station too, she was returning to her house in New Jersey too. The shifting was done so she needed to go back and attend college.

"Welcome home!" She greeted when she saw us approach the yard.

"So you're leaving?" I asked as she offered me the key and I took it.

"Yep. Sayonara, girls. Take care." My sister pointed finger guns at us and winked.

"Yeah. You too."

My sister was walking away. No big deal, right? I mean, she didn't live with me so nothing much would change for us anyway... But why did this farewell seem so weird and wrong?

"Hal, got any tips?" I asked her in a loud voice.

She turned around and said, "Don't waste money, don't worry. Call for help when you need to, and what else...? Yes, call some boys over, I wanna meet your boyfriend the next time I visit."

Ariana smirked at me and I said, "that's not gonna happen anytime soon, Hal. Don't get your hopes up."

"I have a feeling you're wrong. Bye bye now!"

"Your sister is so cool." Ariana said after my sister drove away.

"She is," I nodded in agreement.