12 o'clock

Madison

BLAH blah blah blaaah-

Will you stop it?

...No.

"May, can you pass me the eraser?" I asked.

"Take it yourself bruh, I don't wanna move."

"You suck."

May and I had a habit of calling names and roasting each other, neither of us really minded.

This was the fourth period and the next was our lunch break. The whole class was tapping their foot and checking their watches. We get hungry, we're kids!

"Madison, can I ask you something?"

"No."

"Imma take that as a yes. Have you ever had a crush?"

I thought about it for a few seconds. A few celebrities' name came to my mind whom I thought to be cute, but it wasn't a crush.

"No." I replied firmly.

"Of course! Saint Madison does not have a crush, I should have known." May laughed.

I knew my image in class was the stern girl who didn't want to date anyone. It was somewhat true, I didn't want to date just anybody. I had this fantasy that the guy I would go out with, if he exists, we will have a kind of spark between us even before we start dating. I knew plenty of people who were going out with someone just for the sake of "dating".

"You must be lucky, crushes suck." May added.

"Why are we talking about this?" I asked, even though I thought she was talking about Andrew.

"Uh, I don't know... I just thought you could help me with something but you don't love anyone!"

I don't love anyone?

The way she said this suddenly kind of hurt me. I loved people... My friends, family. Now, I know she meant love as in romantically, and yes, I did not love someone like that. But hearing this out loud made my heart skip a beat.

"I am in no hurry to find someone. We're just seventeen. " I said. A lot of people of my age don't have crushes, it's no big deal.

May shrugged. I hated it when May acted all grown up when she clearly wasn't. She was going to pretend that she loved someone so that she came out as sophisticated. Love isn't just chasing the most popular guy of the grade.

I closed my eyes. It was our French period and no one was paying any attention. Our french teacher was an old man, who sometimes became very lenient with us. Our class totally took that for granted.

With my eyes closed, many thoughts began to pop up in my head. Have to move out... Packing... Job... Shit!

Just when i was about to doze off, our class teacher, Mrs. Stilton came in the class and made an announcement.

"Attention students, a new student will be joining us tomorrow, I want no funny business. He should be welcomed in the class."

May and I looked at each other, we were wondering the same thing. This was new for anyone to warn is before a new kid comes to out class. Mrs. Stilton made it look like the image the new student has of this class was more valuable than anything.

"Rich parents? " May guessed.

" Maybe."

After a few minutes, May got up and went to our teacher, then she went to the washroom. I was sitting alone, but Ariana came to my seat, without asking anyone, and sat beside me.