Faith

Andrew

Lex had just found out about my crush on Anne. I didn't mind it much, I just would have preferred to tell him myself. Not to mention, I could see how awkward he was with Parker. Maybe he felt left out, I tried my best to avoid that but it was only natural. He had known Parker just for a few days (to be fair, so had Adrien in the beginning, but Adrien and Lex were two very different people).

After eating apple pie, Lex and Adrien left. I was alone with Parker since he was staying here. After they had left, I went back to my room to complete my homework, much to Parker's annoyance. 

"Dude. I show up after months and you're still giving algebra more attention than me?" He rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to fail," I shrugged.

"You won't fail if you don't complete your work for one day. Teachers love you."

I didn't reply, so he continued, "Anne has been visiting?"

I stopped writing, he sure knew how to get my attention. My mother had obliviously spilled the beans, given the tea and other expressions which denote gossip. Yes, Anne had visited me once after the day when Amy had come home. 

"Only once," I replied without looking up,  "Because Madison and Ariana both have jobs and music-basketball practice, I think Anne doesn't like to contact them frequently, thinking she might disturb them. She needed help with an assignment. Mom had made apple pie. Henceforth, the reference."

Parker remained silent for a while. I wasn't facing him but I imagined him staring at me blankly.

"Did you just use the word 'henceforth'?" He finally said and laughed, "okay, Shakespeare."

This time I rolled my eyes, "your point?"

"My point is, thou art being stupid, sire. She, um- likest thou too! OPEN THY EYES!"

"That was horrible."

"You're welcome."

With that I pretty much went back to algebra and Parker decided to play Angry Birds on his phone.

***

It was Sunday today, and we were supposed to go visit Jake at Jake's house. Yes, the house where his family lived. Things were getting pretty serious between Jake and Amy, I could tell. They had been dating for around three years now. I hoped things go this well forever. Amy had had her fair share of trauma and misery. She deserved to be happy now.

Parker felt a little uneasy in coming with us. He insisted we leave him at Adrien's or Lex's place.

"No!" I panicked, hearing that he wanted to stay at Lex's.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Er, yeah. Going to Lex probably isn't the brightest idea. I'll talk to Adrien. You sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah, man. This is a family thing."

"You're family too," I shrugged, "long distance family."

He smiled, "I know that. But I'm sure I'm not as much of a family to Amy or Jake. So it would be better if I don't come. I'll be fine at Adrien's. He has so many pets and video games. I'll have a great time."

I patted his back, "alright."

Soon, Parker borrowed my bike and went to Adrien's house. I got ready. I wore a maroon t-shirt, denim jeans and sports shoes. I put on my glasses and combed my hair. I had to be at my best behavior today (I never misbehaved anyway, but I decided today I was to be the epitome of goodness).