Chill, Its Just Prom *freaks out*

Lex

Obviously, I wanted to ask Madison out for the prom. And obviously, I was scared to ask.

The moment we were informed about prom, I looked at her. She didn't look at me, or at anyone for that matter. She just got up and went to the music room. She looked embarrassed about the idea of the two of us going together when Hannah suggested it. I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, because I couldn't look at her long enough to understand.

But as the day progressed, I could tell something was bothering her. She was trying to act unaffected about the prom, but it clearly made her nervous. When we made our way back to our class, I was really close to asking her out. I had somehow managed to get courage. I was scared because I knew going with her would undoubtedly give a boost to my feelings for her, which would further complicate things. But well, I really wanted this, and I didn't want to think about the future.

To my bad luck, Adrien brought up Dylan right at that moment. Madison looked so repelled by the idea, it made my question everything I was about to do.

After that conversation, I went back to my seat with Jason, right behind Andrew's and Adrien's seat. Jason wasn't here right now, he was probably formulating a plan about asking someone out. To my surprise, Anne came and sat next to me a few minutes later.

"Hey, Lex," she smiled.

"Wasup?" I grinned back at her.

"Prom. Hehe, so you're really not looking for a date? Are you going with Sofie?"

I blinked, "I-uh, I don't know. I-"

Andrew came out of nowhere and somehow adjusted himself next to Anne, "continue," he said.

"Yeah, look, it would be nice to have a date. And yeah, I could always go with Sofie. But... As much as I like her, I've always gone with her because I didn't have friends in my schools. Whenever she's had proms in her schools, she'd go with guys from her school. Although I never really minded it, because Sofie is amazing. She has always been there for me. But now that I have friends... I would prefer going with, you know, a friend."

"And?" Anne said.

"And nothing. I'll just bring Sofie, I guess."

"Or," Andrew sighed, "one of your friends isn't going with anyone, remember?"

I glanced towards Madison who looked lost in her own thoughts, staring out of the window, her chin rested on one of her hands. Soft breeze made her hair dance beautifully. But she looked a little sad.

"Madison?"

"Who else?" the two said in unison.

"But she said she doesn't wanna go with anybody. Do you think she'll..." I looked away from her and stared at Anne. Clearly, since she was so close to Madison, she would be able to provide me with some insight.

"Well, Lex, I can't tell you what's going on in her head right now. I'm not sure. And I know she's not sure herself. Give her a little time, she's dense," Anne laughed, "she might say no, I won't give you false hopes. But you'll never know until you try."

"I concur," Andrew took Anne's hand and beamed at her with a warm gaze. She returned the same look.

Even for me, time froze. Just looking at them made me speechless. It was like they were having a conversation without actually using words. It made me feel cosy. I wanted that so much. I wanted that with Madison. I looked at her again. She was talking to Ariana with some elaborate hand gestures. She saw me staring at her. I waved weakly. She waved back.