The Execution: Shopping

Andrew

A couple of days passed in a haze. Soon enough, it was time for us to go and buy a gift for Madison. We were going in the evening because we had school in the morning and we were suppose to complete our homeworks and everything in the afternoon. Ariana had taken a leave from work just for today , but of course Madison didn't know that. She thought Ariana was going to work too after dropping her at the cafe but she was going to pick up Anne from her house.

We knew what we were getting her: some book(s). We were going to the book store to buy something with contributed money. 

In the evening, when it was time for me to leave, I got on my bike and set out. I was also really excited for another reason. I was going to meet Anne outside of school. This had only happened once before, when Parker was leaving and that wasn't a good day. But this time, maybe something good would happen.

I reached one of the biggest bookstores of our area, I thought I was the first one who reached there, considering none of my friends were visible. Going inside, I decided to explore the science fiction region, I knew that was Madison's favourite genre, she was a nerd like me.

Sitting on the tables and chairs set there were Lex and Adrien. Lex was nicely seated on the chair like the gentleman he is and Adrien was on the table. This was enough to compliment their nature in general and I thought of going and just standing there, completing the image. The two were debating about something.

"Sam Wilson was obviously the better option for the position of Captain America!" Lex tried to keep his point.

"Bucky had known Steve for longer." Adrien said.

"Are you forgetting Bucky killed people?" I interfered. After all this was some big nerdy debate going on and I had to participate.

"He was brainwashed." Adrien replied.

Before we could continue, footsteps were heard. Adrien quickly got off the table thinking it could be the owner. But it was Ariana and Anne.

Anne looked beautiful as always. Her wavy short hair looked freshly washed. I shuddered, it creeped me out how I noticed that. She looked at me and smiled her usual cute smile and sat. On the other hand, while Ariana was walking towards us, she and Adrien were having a staring contest with smirks on their lips. Damn... I better take advices from Adrien.

"So what now?"

"We should look for some books over here, we'll find something." Ariana said. I was highly excited for this. Imagine hunting for books for your friend, it was almost like a treasure hunt for me.

We went to check out the isles. I found a lot of books of my interest and noted their names down in my phone. I would buy them sometime. I found a few for Madison too, we brought and kept the selected books on the table but it was hard to choose. The place was almost empty, people, in my experience, went to bookstores in the daytime.

Anne was exploring the shelf right next to me, Adrien was at the other corner of the room, whistling to himself. Ariana and Lex were exploring another shelf. Lex seemed to know exactly what he was looking for while Ariana, who knew Madison better, was having a hard time being around books.

"What the hell is a collapsing neutron star? Rosen Einstein Bridge? What-" Ariana said, reading the summary of some science fiction book.

"As far as I know, it's a wormhole." Lex replied.

"I'm gonna pretend I know what that is." she said and put the book back in its place.

I hid back laughter. I was thinking of starting a conversation with Anne, but I didn't know how. I imagined having a chat with her in my head and it still was a disaster.