No More Mistakes

Adrien

I didn't look at my father while he drove the car. I was hoping he'd drop me home and then go to work so that I could skip talking to him about this incident. I didn't know what I'd tell him. I was not even able to think straight right now, I knew that maybe I'd gone a little overboard. But I also knew it would be hard to explain how angry I felt to dad.

The throbbing pain in my forehead was only increasing, which did not help my mood. I was gaping outside the car window, revisiting my day at the school, hoping to find the answers of my father's upcoming questions.

When Ariana had told us what had happened, I was only partly surprised. I knew Sid had something going on, and that he had no good intentions. The fact that he already had two girlfriends and wanted Ariana as a third one was new to me, though. I knew he was a brat, but that did not stop me from getting angry.

I had been in no mood to talk, so I'd just gotten up and left. The rest is history.

The car stopped and I realised we were in front of my house. I got off and so did my father.

I sighed, I so did not want to talk right now.

"Uhm, don't you have places to be?" I asked. It came out ruder than intended.

"This is where I have to be," he replied, "come one, Adrien. Go to your room, change your clothes and cool down. Then we'll talk."

I at least had to give him credit for not demanding answers just now, and giving me time to process everything. I did as I was told, and went to my room.

I was greeted by my husky, Xavier, who was comfortably seated on my bed. He sat up straight as he saw me.

"Hey, boy," I tried to sound upbeat for my dog, "how are you? Where's Zay?"

Xavier payed no attention to my questions and started sniffing my wound.

"Hey, hey, buddy," I said, "I'm okay, really. Don't worry."

"I've had a hell of a day," I continued, "beat up a guy, got beat up... Got called to the principal's office. And I'm pretty sure I disappointed Ariana."

I waited for Xavier to do anything, but he kept looking at me. Finally he let out a small growling sound and laid down.

"Good talk," I smiled and patted his head. My other dog, Zay, really missed a conversation.

I changed into something casual and removed the bandaid from my forehead. The cut was not big, but it was deep.

"What kind of freaky ring was that jerk even wearing?" I mumbled, cleaning up the wound with a cotton and putting another band aid on it.

I did not feel like going downstairs and meeting dad, but I knew it was inevitable. I had to talk to him an give him an explanation. Maybe that would make him less disheartened.

Yet, after I was done, I sat on my bed again. I felt like maybe I should call Ariana first. I had ignored her in school today but that wasn't because I was angry at her, or blamed her for whatever had happened. It was because I did not want to see the look of disappointment on her face.

When I had been beating up Sid, I had looked at her for one second. The fear in her eyes, the disappointment on her face... I knew it was all for me, and all because of me. I did not want to see it again. I felt guilty avoiding her, but I was being selfish. Knowing Ariana, she would've already started holding herself responsible for the situation. My behavior might have made it worse.

I picked up my phone and searched up her contact but hesitated before hitting the call button. Before I could reconsider, I heard a knock on my room's door.