The Blood Part 2

Kaito had a feeling that they didn't have much time left.

"There's only one place left Momota-chan; Hoshi-chan's lab. Oh, and we also need to question Harukawa-chan. Then we're done." Kokichi informed him.

Kaito remembered something.

"I already asked Maki about last night. She said that she only talked to Hoshi. She didn't see anyone else." He said quickly.

"Still, I would like to talk to her. Try to catch her off guard." Kokichi said lazily.

"Why?" Kaito pressed.

They started walking towards the front entrance of the school.

"Because Harukawa-san is hiding something." Kokichi revealed.

"Huh? She was alone all night." Kaito mumbled.

"So were you. And you definitely didn't murder Saihara-chan." Kokichi pointed out. His tone was light and amused, but Kaito could tell that he was being serious.

"I was hiding in bathrooms all night, avoiding Gonta! Th-that doesn't matter. Harukawa didn't do it" Kaito declared.

"You're so naïve and trusting Momota-chan. You should learn to doubt people more. It's healthy." Kokichi advised, giving him another mocking grin.

"No way. I trust her-." Kaito refused.

"Momota-chan, the sooner you wake up and start thinking critically about things- and by that, I mean doubting people and trying to spot their lies, the better you'll do in this killing game. And you need to put aside some of your blind faith. We have a class trial coming up, in less than an hour." Kokichi stated plainly. His tone wasn't unkind.

He had changed tact. His lips were pursed and he was staring at him with polite calmness.

It was such a stark contrast to his usual mood that Kaito was stunned speechless for a few moments, then he bristled and clenched his hands.

The little shit was appealing to him, asking him for help.

It had to be a lie.

And yet...Kokichi was right.

As weak as it was, they had an alliance. An alliance that they both needed if they had any chance of surviving the second class trial.

He took a deep breath.

If he could compromise, then Kokichi had to as well.

"Fine. We'll question Harukawa again, but I want you to discount her as a suspect. She didn't kill Shuichi. There's no point in suspecting her." He said.