Playing the game

Kokichi was loitering by the computer room, hiding behind a corner and watching the door.

Miu hadn't budged all day.

And neither had he.

Gonta had delivered Miu's food, and then had snuck off to play tennis with Ryoma. Kokichi suspected that Miu had told him to fuck off.

About an hour later, Kokichi had heard footsteps. So, he'd quickly hidden in the nearest spare room at the end of the corridor.

Peeking out, he had seen Kiibo enter the computer room with a big smile.

Then, not a moment later, Tsumugi had come upstairs and entered Korekiyo's lab.

Shinguuji-chan will be very happy to have someone that he can lecture to all day. Tsumugi-chan is a very boring person. Kokichi reflected, returning to his corner.

Another hour passed.

Kokichi grew restless. And worse, bored.

He didn't know what else to do. He couldn't go to his room and brainstorm, not when he didn't have anything new to work with, and he couldn't explore the school...he was sick and tired of studying the same rooms over and over again, desperately searching for a clue.

He was desperate for something to happen. Something to break the monotony of his day-

"How long have you been standing there?" An amused voice said.

Kokichi turned on his heel and glared at Kaito.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to collect you." Kaito grinned. "You did say we could hang out together every now and then."

"This isn't a good time. I'm doing important reconnaissance." Kokichi snapped.

"Are you?" Kaito squinted at him, still grinning.

"I'm waiting for Iruma-chan. You know what reconnaissance is- why am I even wasting my time explaining myself?"

"I dunno Kokichi." Kaito said. "Maybe it's because you're bored?"

"..."

"C'mon let's go and do something relaxing- something fun together."

"Fun? I thought you'd had enough of that today...playing tennis with Hoshi-chan." Kokichi jibed.

"It wasn't really "fun"." Kaito mumbled, turning red.

"So, he whooped your ass. I bet you had a breakdown. Just like that time he beat you at the casino." Kokichi laughed.

"N-no..."

Kokichi laughed again, enjoying just how pensive Kaito sounded.

"S-stop laughing at me." Kaito said, turning even more red.

"Okay, okay, I'm stopping." Kokichi wiped away an imaginary tear. He didn't want to upset his partner too much.

Kaito sighed and ran a hand through his hair, struggling to regain his composure.

Seeing Momota-chan this uncomposed is glorious. Simply glorious. Kokichi smirked.

"Kokichi, do you wanna hang out? If you'd rather waste your time staring at a door...don't let me stop you." Kaito said.

Kokichi glanced at the computer room.

Miu was planning a murder in there, and he couldn't do anything to stop it.