Abracadabra

Kaito ate lunch alone.

The only other people in the cafeteria were Tenko, Himiko, Kiibo, and Tsumugi.

Kiibo was having an animated discussion with Himiko and Tenko, talking about his creator. Tsumugi was just listening in, not really participating.

Kaito finished his meal and decided to join them.

"Hey guys, how did your morning go?" He said, sitting next to Tsumugi.

"It went great! Kiibo gave me some new ideas for my next show." Himiko grinned.

"And Yumeno-san taught me a lot about magic." Kiibo said, smiling faintly.

"And how superior it is to technology." Himiko nodded. "Though Kiibo did his best to refute me, he failed."

"Y-yeah." Kiibo squeaked.

Kaito laughed.

He glanced at Tenko.

"How about you Chabashira? How was your morning?"

"It was fine." Tenko shrugged. "I learned that Shirogane-san isn't very fit. She could barely do any press-ups."

"Hey. That's unfair. I did my best." Tsumugi said, frowning at everyone.

"I didn't say you didn't...you absolutely did. I probably pushed you too hard." Tenko conceded.

"Thank you." Tsumugi harumphed.

"No problem." Tenko smiled and then addressed Kiibo. "Kiibo, where's Iruma-san?"

"She's still working on her project in the computer room." Kiibo frowned. "Why are you asking?"

"I'm worried about her." Tenko said. "I haven't seen her all day-since this morning. I thought something might've happened to her."

"Ah." Kiibo relaxed. "She's probably just absorbed in her work. I'll check on her after lunch."

"Good." Tenko said, sounding relieved.

Kaito paused.

Something was bothering him...but he couldn't figure out what it was.

It's probably Miu. It's obvious the machine is connected to her murder plan...so the fact she's devoting so much time to it isn't a good sign.

He shook his head and smiled at Tenko and Himiko.

"Hey Yumeno, Chabashira. Wanna hang out after lunch?"

"I was hoping to spend the afternoon with Yumeno-san. Alone." Tenko said, biting her lip.

"No. I wanna show Momota a magic trick!" Himiko declared.

"I promise it won't be for long Chabashira. I'll just stick around for the magic trick." Kaito said quickly. "I've been interested in Yumeno's magic ever since the show. She's very talented."

Tenko perked up and nodded.

"All right."

"Actually...I also wanted to show Momota around my lab. Just a quick tour." Himiko confessed, blushing lightly.

"Ah." Kaito stated, remembering Shuichi. He took a deep breath. "I should be okay. As long as it doesn't take too long. I don't want to monopolise your time."

"It's okay. As long as Yumeno-san is happy, I'm happy." Tenko said, giving him an understanding smile.

"Great!" Himiko leapt up.