Ruse

Finally can update this fic! Ending up cutting a *ton*. At least 500 words. Sorry if it's short. Didn't want to force it to be longer :/

---

Korekiyo: [He frowns.] The alibis don't matter? Really? I find that very hard to believe.

Ryoma: I agree. It's a big assumption to draw from one piece of evidence. Didn't the killer clean up afterwards?

Kaito: They did. But-

Ryoma: [He narrows his eyes at him.] And what about that clue we found in the computer lab-

Kokichi: Hoshi-chan! Waitttttt!

Ryoma: What?

Kokichi: [Sweetly] We need to talk about *other* things now. We'll deal with *that* piece of evidence later.

Ryoma: ...okay

Tsumugi: Wait a second- what piece of evidence?

Ryoma: Listen to Ouma. We'll deal with it later.

Tsumugi: O-okay. So, the extension cord...

Kokichi: It came from Monokuma's storage room.

Tsumugi: Ah. Did the hammer come from there as well?

Kaito: Yes.

Kokichi: One second. [He turns to Monokuma.] When did the blackened ask you if they could use your stuff?

Monokuma: Wellllll, it wasn't today.

Kokichi: So, they had plenty of time to prepare their trap?

Monokuma: You know the answer to that question already, Ouma.

Kokichi: You're right. I do.

Tsumugi: W-wait the blackened? Are you inferring that the same person killed Gonta and Kiibo?

Kokichi: I am.

Tsumugi: But why? If they had already killed one person, why would they kill another...

Kokichi: I'll address that eventually...but first, we have to return to Gonta's death.

Miu: [Frustrated expression] Really? Can't we move on to Kiibo's death?

Korekiyo: Iruma-san, we still haven't discussed why Gonta went to my lab if he didn't receive the note. [He nods at Kokichi.] Ouma-kun obviously thinks it'll shed light on the identity of his killer, and potentially whether or not Kiibo died before him.

Kokichi: [He smirks.] Precisely

Miu: [She sighs.] Well then...get on with it.

Kaito: Let's discuss Gonta's movements. It shouldn't take too long to-

Kokichi: Momota-chan, it's going to take more than that to find the truth.

Kaito: What do you mean?

Kokichi: Saihara-chan did it a lot in the first trial. You hafta shut your eyes and reflect on the case, try and figure it out on your own.

[Ah. He wants me to figure out the truth about Gonta by myself. Kaito realises. But-]

Kaito: Do I really have to do this?

Kokichi: Yes, you do. Because I say so.

Maki: Ouma, what are you doing?

Kokichi: [Blithely.] I don't expect an unfeeling assassin with no friends to understand.

[Maki scowls at him stormily, but doesn't say anything.]

Kaito: Kokichi...

Kokichi: Momota-chan, get on with it before I run out of patience. I'll take care of these losers.