Chapter 5

Zenitsu and (Y/N) walked back to Jigoro's home slowly. They were both exhausted from the test they had undergone. The weight from their borrowed swords and new uniforms felt greater than it was. Although, (Y/N) had to admit, this was far nicer than her walk from her old house to the city. If nothing else she wasn't alone anymore.

   (Y/N) let out a sigh in contentment. There was a gentle smile gracing her features. The blond boy next to her felt his heart skip a beat, she looked truly beautiful. Zenitsu frowned slightly. This is how she would have smiled everyday had her family not been taken from her.

   "C'mon (Y/N)-chan! We gotta hurry back so we can train and get rid of as many demons as possible!!" Zenitsu suddenly exclaimed as he started walking faster.
   "Eh? What's with the sudden determination?" (Y/N) asked as she matched his pace. He looked back at her and giggled before running as fast as his tired legs would carry him. "Hey get back here!" the girl called after before running along with him.

   Once the duo arrived back at Jigoro's estate they were panting and out of breath. The sun was just barely starting to dip back over the horizon as Jigoro beamed at the duo. They both looked up at the one who'd trained them the past years and gave him tired smiles.

   "Wow. I'm surprised you two actually made it back alive. Especially you Zenitsu," Kaigaku said. He'd already passed the test a couple months prior and hadn't stopped talking about it anytime he saw the pair, though, it was far worse for Zenitsu.

   (Y/N) stood fully, her chest still rising and falling, while Zenitsu stayed hunched over with his hands on his knees. They both still bared smiles.
   "Yeah, we're slayers now, just like you. Thank you for all your support, Kaigaku-san!" (Y/N) said with a surprisingly genuine smile. The boy merely scoffed and walked into the house. Jigoro greeted his three students with pride.

   The four of them had a rather large and lavish dinner and celebrated. Kaigaku had gotten out of being assigned any new missions for a couple days because even though he couldn't stand Zenitsu, he was at least a little happy (Y/N) had made it back okay, though he'd never admit that of course.

   A few days past and Kaigaku had had to return to slaying demons. (Y/N) went back to training and, with Jigoro's help, got Zenitsu to join her.

✩☆★☆✩

   It was an average day when the two swordsmiths appeared. (Y/N) had almost forgotten that she was an official demon slayer as she practiced with the sword Jigoro had lent her. She had just finished cutting at a tree when she heard the sound of chimes.

   She looked to see two strange men hyottoko masks nearing the estate. One of them had black hair the was brushed back while the other had a hat with the chimes that had alerted her to their presence in the first place. She frowned slightly as they grew closer. She had no clue who these men were or why they were here.

   "(L/N) (Y/N)," the one with the chimes said, pointing slightly at the girl.
   "Uh yes?" she questioned. The two seemed harmless but she didn't know what they had in the boxes they carried and was especially confused as to how they knew her name. The one with the chimes started to drone about swords before being tugged back by the other.

   "Please forgive my colleague. I'm Kanamori and this is Haganezuka, we're the ones who forged your's and Agatsuma Zenitsu's swords," the one with the one with the black hair, Kanamori, said calmly, Haganezuka attempting to pull away awkwardly.

   "Oh! That explains those boxes you have! Please, follow me inside," (Y/N) said, trying to keep down the bubbling excitement she felt. Kanamori dragged his friend with him to follow the girl leading them to the house.