Chapter 15

"Ahh! Who-" the crying blond boy started, surprised at the sudden weight on his chest. (Y/N) looked up at him, taking some of her weight off of him having remembered that he was injured and probably shouldn't be pounced on. She sat at the edge of the bed, now fully off of him and smiled, slightly embarrassed at her outburst in front of strangers.

   "Sorry, I shouldn't have jumped on you like that...it's kinda like the first time we met huh?" she said sheepishly, rubbing her neck. She brought her hand down and smiled softly at the boy in front of her. His eyes watered before he sat up and clung to her, crying into her shoulder and getting some snot on her haori which she figured she'd have to wash later.

   She returned it feeling a few tears of her own at the joy of seeing him again and him being mostly okay. Once the commotion died down (Y/N) was introduced to Inosuke and later Tanjiro's sister, Nezuko. She was innitially rather hesitant to associate with a demon in any way that wasn't outwardly hostile but after Zenitsu's gushing about the girl, she complied. The young demon was awfully tired but still brought a smile to (Y/N)'s face.

✩☆★☆✩

   "So you're going on a mission?" (Y/N) asked, following Kyojuro to the edge of the nearby town they had breakfast at.
   "Yes. Once I gather more details I'll have my crow lead you to me. Until then, please stay here and train, alright?" Kyojuro said, patting the girl's head softly. She returned his smile and nodded. The two hugged before parting ways.

   For the next two weeks (Y/N) trained. Though she did spend a lot of the time alone, training with Zenitsu and his friends was a welcome change. She was able to provide insight to Tanjiro as he tried to master total concentration constant and be another training partner more on par with Kanao.

   (Y/N) woke up earlier than usual to Kyojuro's crow at her window sill.
   "(Y/N) (L/N)! Report to the train station! Kyojuro Rengoku has called for you!" it cried out. (Y/N) squinted at it as it's loud voice shook her out of her sleepy state. She nodded at it, confirming her orders before it flew away, presumably back to its hashira.

   Looking out of the window it seemed to be around midnight. The girl sighed and quickly got ready before making her way to Senjuro's room. She knocked and after a moment a rather drowsy boy answered, looking at her with one eye as the other was rubbed by his hand. She felt a twinge of guilt at waking the boy.

   "(Y/N)-chan? What are you doing? What time is it?" he asked, seeming to mumble the last question to himself only.
   "Sorry for waking you, Senjuro-kun. I was called on a mission and just wanted to let you know and say bye. You can go back to sleep after this if you want," she said quickly, wanting to keep it brief and allow the boy to go back to sleep. He nodded and have her a hug, which she happily returned, and went back to bed.

   She left the house and sped walked towards the butterfly mansion to give another brief goodbye to Zenitsu and her new friends. Once she got to their room she found Tanjiro already awake. She stepped in, creaking the floorboards and drawing his attention.

   "Hey Tanjiro-san, please pardon the interruption. I'm going on a mission and just wanted to say bye. Do you think you could tell the others when they wake up?" she asked. She innitially wasn't planning on saying anything but due to the fact that the day prior they had received a go ahead to partake in missions they might have not been there when she returned.

   Tanjiro smiled and gave her a quick nod.
   "Stay safe, (Y/N)-san!" he whispered out to her. She nodded before hastily walking off and making her way to her destination. After walking for a while, being sure to keep her guard up as it was still dark out, she noticed a crow flying towards headquarters. She smiled up at it before looking ahead of her once more.

   After arriving at the train station she sent Mizuki to find Kyojuro and inform him of her attendance. A few people have her somewhat concerned looks seeming to take notice of her sword so she quickly positioned her haori and covered it slightly. It was mildly annoying that demon slayers weren't recognized by the government but she'd manage.

   "(Y/N)! I'm glad you're here!" Kyojuro said, patting her on the back. "Let's board the train, your yellow friend and his company will be joining us!" he said, leading the girl towards the entrance of the train and pulling out two tickets from his pocket. She was somewhat confused at who her 'yellow friend' was before realizing it was Zenitsu and recalling Kyojuro really wasn't the best with names.

   They sat across from each other, waiting until the train actually began moving. They had plenty of time to kill so (Y/N) rested her arm against the window sill while Kyojuro ordered food. She tuned out his usual calls of "Tasty!" as she stared out the window with a bored expression.

✩☆★☆✩

   "You're still getting more??" (Y/N) asked, looking at the stack of empty boxes of food that the worker struggled to carry out. Kyojuro nodded.
   "Mhm! Is reawwy good, wan some?" he said with a mouthful of food while holding out chopsticks with a bite of food on them. The girl eyed it skeptically before sighing and leaning over to take the bite.

   She hummed contentedly as he continued to shout after every bite. It was good, she supposed, but that was a lot of food. She brushed the thought away, resigning to the fact that she'd probably never understand her mentor's antics and let it be. After a few more minutes she noticed Tanjiro and Zenitsu's confused faces while Inosuke trailed behind.

   "Are you sure that's the flame hashira?" Zenitsu whispered to Tanjiro. He nodded. "He's not just some gluten?" Tanjiro shook his head. They drew closer.
   "Uhm. Rengoku-sama?" Tanjiro asked timidly. Kyojuro whipped his head around and with food in his mouth exclaimed.
   "Tasty!"

   Tanjio gave (Y/N) a lost look to which she shrugged. It was damn near impossible to reach him in this state unless you were talking about food. He tried a few more times to communicate and eventually Kyojuro actually listened. Zenitsu and Inosuke sat across the isle and Tanjiro sat next to Kyojuro.

   While Inosuke lost it as the train moved, Tanjio talked about his father. Kyojuro nodded along, bringing a hand up to his chin as he processed what Tanjio said.
   "Well, I've never heard of that!" Kyojuro said enthusiastically. Tanjiro donned a shocked expression and looked to (Y/N) who only shrugged with an amused grin, used to this type of reaction by now.

   "Why don't you become my tsugoku like (Y/N)? You could stay at my place and not have to worry about anything, I'd take care of you!" he said happily. He turned to look at Inosuke and Zenitsu. "You two are welcome to become my tsugokus as well!"

   Zenitsu faintly mumbled out "What a weird guy," as Kyojuro started questioning Tanjiro on his sword's color and laughed at him when hearing the answer. (Y/N) chuckled and moved across the isle to join Zenitsu as he continued to attempt to tangle in Inosuke. The conductor punched their tickets and Zenitsu moved to sit next to (Y/N).

   "I'm happy you were able to become a tsugoku, but didn't you want to train under the guy with the white hair?" he questioned softly. Inosuke moved to sit next to the girl as well, wanting to be involved in the conversation. It was slightly cramped between the two boys but as Zenitsu went to scold Inosuke (Y/N) stopped him, saying it was fine.

   She started explaining the reason she was training with Kyojuro as opposed to Shinazugawa but felt her eyes grow heavy as both Inosuke and Zenitsu leaned on her, falling asleep. She rested her head on Zenitsu's and eventually succumbed to the drowsiness that had befallen her audience.

Just realized that chapter 3 and 10 start off almost the exact same way but it's fine I'll fix it later lmao