Chapter 1: Class Trip

I can't believe this happened. This doesn't happen in real life, only in movies. How did this happen? We are all supposed to be dead.

«»«»«»

"Settle down class!" Said our teacher Mrs. Puher. "The plane leaves in an hour, and anyone who is not on board DOES NOT get to go on the trip."

I sat up strait in my desk and started thinking about how fun our class trip will be. I had been waiting for this trip all year, and now I finally going to get to get on the plane for a couple of hours and arrive at the Bahamas with my class to study the marine wildlife. I have always loved to swim, surf, and go to the aquarium. Of course, I still have to be stuck on a plane with the boys in my class. It seems like some of them haven't aged since they were seven.

"You excited for the trip!" Said Kayla.

"Ya, I am really looking forward to scuba diving!"

"Don't act like that's the ONLY thing you are looking forward to." Said Kayla. "I know your your looking forward to seeing Daniel in a swim suit."

"Well.... I mean, ya I mean-"

"I mean, ya I mean," Kayla said in a mocking tone.

"You have had a crush on Daniel since LAST YEAR! I know you are looking forward to seeing him shirtless in a bathing suit." She said while giving me the eyebrows.

"Ok, fine, yes I'm looking forward to seeing him shirtless, but that's besides the point!" I said defensively. Daniel has decent abs.

"Now class, do you have all of your things ready to go?" Asked Mrs. Puher.

I looked down at my little purple suitcase. I had my bathing suit, my school papers, cute clothes, sunscreen, and a couple of other personal items.

"Alright, if everyone has their stuff ready to go, let's get on the bus."

We all walked outside in a single file line. We tried to be quiet, but all the excitement made us all even more talkative than we usually are. Tree people could sit in one row, so me, Cierra, and Zara decided to sit together. We got a row of seats near the back. Zara got window seat, Cierra got middle, and I got end. Charlie, Daniel, and Cody were sitting in the row across from us. I looked at Daniel's eyes. They were a mix of green in the middle and dark blue on the outside. He glanced over at me, so I looked away.

I got out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram. I saw a photo of a ship reck in Florida. Apparently almost everyone died.

"Hey guys look at this," I said as I showed Cierra and Zara the picture.

"Aw that's so sad," said Zara

"Yep I hope that never happens to us," Said Cierra who was obviously trying to scare us.

"Oh look who is sitting across from us," said Zara.

"Ya, I know I see him Zara you don't have to point it out, I have eyes!" I said as I looked over at Daniel.

"Ok, I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to stalk him." Said Zara as she gave me a wink.

I just shook my head, put on my earbuds, and started to listen to MCR for the rest of the ride.