Chapter 7: The Rescue

(POV of Zara)

I felt a sharp pecking on my face. I woke up to a face full of feathers.

"GET OFF YOU STUPID BIRD!" I screamed.

It jumped back a bit, but then it started to dance around me while pecking my face and body.

"OUCH!!!" I screamed. The bird started to pull at my hair.
I looked up in desperation to get the bird off. I saw somebody staring at me. She had paint on her face and feathers in her hair.

"no no no no NO NO NO NOOO!!" I started screaming, "HELP! AHHHH! HELP ME!" I started to panic.

My panicking was short lived, as I saw a rock heading towards my head, then to darkness.

«»«»«»«»«»

We were tied to a pole with skulls and dried blood on it, our hand painfully wedged between the tree and out backs. I looked around, we were surrounded by people who were dancing, singing, and chanting around a ginormous fire. I thought it was really cool at first, but then I realized, we were the reason they were chanting, because we were their food. 
I started to silently panic.

"Harmony! Wake up!" I whispered/shouted into her ear.

"Wha, where am I?" She asked as she watched all the people.

Then everything got really quiet. Everyone stopped what they were doing and the were just staring strait ahead.

"Bow for your king!" Shouted the girl that captured us.

Someone started to walk towards us. He had a giant crown made of rare gems and jewels, he had a sharp looking sword mad of copper, and a Hawaiian looking grass skirt, but he looked familiar, like I had seen him before. As he got closer, I could make out his face. He had some painted symbols on his face, they probably meant royalty. He stepped closer to us, and smiled. I knew exactly who he was.

"Spaz! Is that you?!" I asked confused, but slightly impressed. He cheated death and became a king in a day, I can't even dream of doing that in a day. Spaz was a kid that went to our school, I didn't talk to him much, but I was certain that he died back on the plane. If he's alive, does that mean others are alive too. 

"Hey guys whats up!" He said casually, as if all this was normal.

"Spaz can you let us out of here!" Said Harmony.

"I would but...." He said as his eyes darted to the right, pointing at the tribe.

"But nothing!" Shouted Harmony, "YOU ARE GOING TO EAT US!!! THAT IS CANIBALISM!!"

"I would, but then what would I tell all these hungry people. It's for the greater good, sorry." Said Spaz as he turned around and sat on his throne.
Two men walked towards me and cut me from the tree, only to pull my hands and feet back into one meeting point on my back, then tied them together. It was extremely painful. I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"HELP ME! HELP!!" I screamed as I cried out in pain, but I was once again silenced by a rock to the head.

«»«»«»«»«»
(POV of Kayla)

"I'm telling you! A tribe took them Daniel!" I exclaimed. We had been walking in the forest for hours searching for them, but then I remembered reading a book on native americans, and then I thought about that weird looking rock I saw when we first got here. Then it hit me, a tribe must be on the island and they must have captured by them.

"Listen to yourself, you sound even more stupid than usual," said Chris.

"Can you guys cut it out and keep looking!" Exclaimed Daniel, "We don't have all day!"

"Fine," I said, "But only if he stops being mean!" I said.

"I'm not being mean, I'm just stating the obvious." Chris said.

"Well can you stop!" I said.

"Fine, but only till we find them" Chris said.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"
"WHAT WAS THAT!" Exclaimed Cierra as she pulled out a make-shift bow and arrow.

"Where did you get that?" Charlie asked.

"I have a lot of things you don't know about," said Cierra.

"It came from behind us." I said.

We all turned around and saw Samantha half way up a tree.

"Samantha! What happened?" I asked.

"I FOUND CHOCOLATE!!!" Samantha exclaimed as she was going further up the tree trying to reach the coco beans.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"

"Samantha we get it you love chocolate!" Chris said.

"That wasn't me...." Samantha said nervously.

"HELP ME!" The screaming voice said again.

"That sounds a lot like Zara." Said Daniel.

"IT CAME FROM THAT WAY!" Yelled Samantha as she pointed out the way that we needed to go.
We took off, hoping that we weren't being mislead.

«»«»«»«»«»
(POV of Harmony)

"Leave her alone!" I screamed, but my protest meant nothing, there was no one to hear it. I just watched hopelessly as my friend was knocked-out and put on a stick just above the raging flames of the fire. I feared for my friends life and my own, we were dead meat. I struggled against the bark-woven rope that bounded my arms, feet, and body. The more I tried to get out, the more pain I felt. The rope dug into my skin. Tears threatened the corner of my eyes.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. I strained my neck towards the direction of the movement. Suddenly, Daniel emerged  from the tree line, ambushing the nearest intimidating-looking guy.everyone stopped what they were doing to prepare to for attack. Three 6 feet tribal guys ran towards Daniel, only to be stopped short by an arrow.  I looked up, it was Cierra. She fired a couple more arrows at them, just in case. I heard something whoosh by my head. It was Samantha flinging rocks at people with her slingshot.

"Where are you people  getting all these weapons?!" I said.

"Just be happy we have some, we could have just punched people to death, or poked them with sticks," said Samantha

"Can you get me out of these ropes?" I asked.

"Sure," said Samantha as she took a pocket knife and cut me loose.

I ran to go help Zara. I took her off the stick and untied her. She was barely conscious. A panicked look surfaced on her face as she realized what was happening.
"LOOK OUT!!" She screamed as she pointed behind me. One of the tribal warriors was going after me, but in a blink of an eye Charlie jumped in front of us trying to hold him off with his spear, but it was too late, his spear broke, and his head was clean off.