Chapter 9: Lost

POV of Cierra

I stood there mortified.
"Daniel! What are you doing!" I yelled, making sure my dagger was pointed towards him, just in case.
He turned around and froze like a deer in the headlights.
"I......I can explain," he said, hiding his blood-covered hands behind his back. It didn't do much, the blood was on his shirt and pants too.
"What did you do!" I said, trying not to kill him right then and there. He looked me straight in the eye.
"I'm sorry," he said. He swung his knife at me, but my quick refleflexs acted quickly. I knocked the blade out of his hand with my own. He threw a punch at me, I dodged it and stabbed him in his side. Unfortunately, it didn't go very deep, but I definitely cut him. He cried out in pain and ran out the hut and into the forest.

«»«»«»«»
POV of Harmony

Of course I would get lost in the forest. Why wouldn't I? I inspected a coconut I found before bashing it with a rock to crack it open. I absolutely hated coconut, but I was starving, so I didn't have a choice. I chugged down the coconut water, trying not to gag. Although it was disgusting, it did hit the spot. I needed to make a shelter, but how. I tried to remember what YouTube taught me about survival. I went over to a fallen log, got some leaves and long sticks, and made a tent-like structure. It wasn't very big, but it had enough room for me to lie down and sleep.
I put some logs and sticks in a tipi formation and rubbed a stick on a log. It took a while, but eventually I saw smoke. After the fire was stable, I started to climb a tall tree. I looked around me. I could see the coastline and a clearing where the huts were. "Huh, I guess I didn't need to set up camp." I said to myself. I turned to the fire. "Ugh! Really! I just made this fire!" I said exasperated.

As I looked around for something to put out the fire, I heard something rustling behind me. I figured it was going to be a bird or a bunny, so I ignored it, the jungle is full of weird things. I bent down to get a handful of dirt. Suddenly a large figure slammed against me and we both fell to the ground. I looked up, it was Daniel.
His shirt was ripped and his eyes bloodshot, as if he had been crying. His clothes were torn and bloody, and his hand were coated in dirt and blood. There was blood everywhere, even in his hair.

"What happened to you?" I asked, "Why are you crying? Where is everyone else? How are you here? Why are you here?"

"Can you stop asking so many questions at once!" He said. His voice was raspy, like he just woke-up.

"Sorry," I said as I looked down. I sat up and turned to face him.

"I'm a murderer," he said as his eyes and face darkened. "I killed people, I killed....." He started to choke on his own words as he tried to fight back the tears in his eyes.

"DANG IT!!" He yelled. He stood up and grabbed the stick next to him. He started violently stabbing a tree. He dropped the stick and started to punch the tree. Tears were streaming down his face.

"STOP YOU'RE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!" I yelled. I ran over to him and football tackled him. He fell to the ground and I pinned his arms and legs down. He struggled for freedom, but eventually tired out and relaxed. We stared at each other in silence. I looked at my hand, it was covered in blood. I looked down at Daniel, he had a stab wound in his side.

"You're bleeding!" I said as I released him from my grasp.

"Yah, Cierra stabbed me." He said while looking down at his wound.

"Hold up, I'll take care of it," I said, "Don't move." I ran to the tree he had just assaulted. I broke off a stick and peeled the bark off to make string. Next, I got some moss and using the bark-string and the moss I made a make-shift bandage.

"Here, don't worry I know what I'm doing, I was in boy scouts." I said.

"But aren't you a girl?" He said confused.

"Yah, but My uncle was the pack leader so I got in." I said.

"But why didn't you just join girl scouts?" He asked.

"What's the fun in that?" I said.

Daniel shook his head at me. I just grinned and turned away.

"We should head back," I said, "It's going to get dark soon."

"They might not want a murderer in their presence, so I'd rather not," said Daniel.

"And what makes you think I want one in mine?" I said arching an eyebrow.

"Because you wouldn't have helped me if you didn't want me here," he said with a sly grin.

I blushed a bit, but tried my best to hide it.

"There are more people for protection if we go back," I said.

"I can protect you," he said.

"You can't protect me, your hurt," I said.

"Sure I can, I can still body-slam people" he said. Then he demonstrated himself body slamming someone. Sound effects included. I laughed a little bit.

"Fine, we will stay here, but just for tonight." I said slightly annoyed, but also sort of happy.

"I'm hungry," he said.

"Hi hungry, I'm Harmony," I joked. I handed him some coconuts and he ate them quickly. The sun had set behind the mountains and darkness feel.
"You do know there is only room for one person to fit comfortably in the little shelter I built." I said.

"Then we wont be comfortable," he said, "It gets cold out here at night, and body heat is a good way to stay warm."

"Fine, but I might punch you in my sleep." I said.

We went over to my structure and squeezed in. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I turned to face Daniel. We just stared at each other in silence.
"Are we going to die alone out here?" I asked him.

"Not alone, you have me," He said as his dark blue eyes stared right into mine.

"But what if you leave, or die?" I asked. I thought about Charlie and how he died.

"I'll never leave you, I promise." He said.
I smiled slightly, trying to take in what he just said, but before I could respond. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.

(Author's Note: WOAH!!!! Over a thousand words! I deserve a medal!! Did you like the chapter? Did you love it? If not, YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!! Haha just kidding (maybe)!!! Sorry for the slow and very late update!!!)