Chapter 6: Shawiwi

(POV of Harmony)

We had been walking in the jungle for at least an hour. We haven't found any fresh water or food.

"See anything Zara?" I ask

"Naw" She says

I sit down under a shady tree. Zara does the same. I turn around only to see a pile of mangos.

"FOOD!" I yell. Zara looks at me like I'm crazy, then sees the pile of mangos too.
Her face lit up with joy as we stood up and grabbed some mangos.

"Mmmm, I haven't had food in so long" said Zara.

"I know right!" I said as I took a bite of the mango.

The earth started to shake beneth us.
"EARTHQUA-!" Zara tried to scream. The ground caved in, and we fell into some sort of hole.
I got a huge scratch on my arm and my leg hurt. I tried to sit up, but then felt a stinging pain in my arm, and decided against it. I could see Zara laying across from me. She looked unconscious. I started to worry. Night was going to fall soon, and we are stuck here. I hope we don't die.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

(POV of Chris)

I don't want to be here. I'm hungry, I miss wifi, and I have NO PHONE SIGNAL! Worst of all, I'm stuck in a cave with these people. UGH CAN THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE!
I walked over to Daniel.

"Where is Harmony and Zara?" I ask. It's not that I care, it's just that they were suppose to get food.

"I don't know, they were supposed to be back by now." Daniel said with a worried face.

"No dur they were suppose to be back by now, otherwise I wouldn't have asked you." I said.

He obviously didn't hear me, because all of a sudden he got up, grabbed a stick he had sharpened, and walked out of the cave.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING!" Yelled Samantha.

"I need to find Zara and Harmony, they might be lost in the jungle." Said Daniel.

"FIND THEM IN THE MORNING! IM HUNGRY NOW!!!"

"But-"

"NO BUTS!!! Ha, I said butts!"

Daniel seemed just to give up on going and finding them, because he just walked back over to the campfire and sat down.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to fish." I said. I expected them to follow my lead considering that we were all on the brink of eating each other. I picked up the stick that Daniel made, and walked out to the ocean.

"DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT MEEEE!" Shouted Samantha as she followed me out the cave.
'Oh great' I thought, 'now I have to teach her how to spear fish without accidentally stabbing her foot'

Samantha trailed behind me as I walked towards the ocean singing the Little Einsteins theme song.

"Can you not!" I said as I turned around in annoyance.

"NEVER!" Shouted Samantha as she continued to sing the song.

"UUUGGHHH!!!" I shouted.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

(POV of Shawiwi)

It's been two days since the tribe has eaten, and one day since the sacrifice to the great Zakura the God of water to thank him for giving us rain, and three hours since our King was overthrown by our current King.

"IM GOING TO CHECK ON THE FOOD TRAP I SET UP! I'LL BE BACK SOON!" I said to my father.

"Fine, but if anything edible is caught in it, come back and alert the king, then we will feast." Said my father.

"OK!" I said

"And Shawiwi, one more thing" said father as he stopped me from running out the door.

"Ya what is it?"

"STOP YELLING!!"

"Oh...hehe sorry" I said as I rushed out of the door.

Once I was a good distance away from the tribe, I looked up to the trees, and started to screech like a monkey. Minutes later I see a bright red and yellow colored parrot fly down.

"Hi Layla" I said as the bird perched on my shoulder.

"Herro" said Layla in that parrot voice of hers.

"Let's go check on those traps we set up"

Layla just looked at me and cocked her head.
I rolled my eyes.
"Food, we are going to food" I said.

"Yay food!" Said Layla as she started bobbing up and down.

We went to a giant Palm tree where we set some bait up under. I looked around, but I couldn't find the bait. Then I spotted the giant hole I dug to capture prey in.

"IT WORKED LAYLA!!! WE HAVE FOOD!!!" I exclaimed. Layla gave a squawk of joy as I ran over to the hole.

I peered inside. There were two people in the trap, and by the looks of it, they were injured. I considered sparing their lives, but then I thought of all the other lives they would save, and decided it would be ok to eat them.
Layla flew down to one of them. She started to peck at her face.
"GET OFF ME YOU STUPID BIRD!!" She screamed.
I started to laugh when Layla started to dance around her while pecking her.

The person looked up at me, fist confused, then really scared. She started to scream. I didn't want her to scare away any other possible prey, so I picked up the rock next to me and chucked it at her head. I waited till her head dropped. Then I began my way back to the tribe to tell them about my catch.