Chapter 8: Murderer

(POV of Daniel)

He never got to have a family, he never got on the NBA, he didn't even get to tell Zara he likes her, all his dreams, his life goals, his goodness, gone to waste. Now he sits in a crappy coffin, floating out to sea to join the others, unaccomplished dreams and all. He won't be remembered as that other guy on the island, but rather the guy who made my life worth living, the one who saved Harmony and Zara. Whenever coach gave me a hard time because I picked a fight, or when my mom got so drunk she forgot who I was, or when my brother snuck out with his friends to do drugs, he was there to make me laugh, he threw all my worries out the door. The guy who didn't judge you on your actions, but rather your heart. That guy, is gone. In his pocket, I found a picture of his family, the family that he will never see again, his poor little brother, who loves him so much, will never, ever, have a person to stick up for him when he needs it the most, or make him feel better when he is upset. I also found his watch, the one his dad gave to him on his birthday. I was there that day, he was so happy when he got it, he almost never let anyone touch it. I put it on his wrist, because thats where it belongs, with him, my best friend, the one who I brag too when I make half-court shots, the one who knew me the best, the brother I never had.
I remember one time, it was the Sunday before the big trip. We were playing ball at his house, he told me about his little crush. I knew he really liked her because he never tells anyone his crushes. I knew he trusted me. Tears came to my eyes as I thought about it.
Cierra had made us all bows for the ceremony. Since I was the closest to him, the first arrow. I dipped the tip of my arrow into the fire. I felt a tear slip out of my eye and roll down my cheek. I pull back, and let my arrow fly, hoping it finds its target. It hits the coffin, and it goes up in flames. Everyones arrows join mine in the burning of the coffin and my best friend.
After its over, and everyone was asleep, I took a walk on the beach. It was a full moon, and the stars were out, but there was one more star up there.
I sat down on a washed up log, and looked up. A tear rolled down my face. No, I'm not going to let it end like this. I suddenly got an idea so dark, that it scared me, but what really got scared, was that I didn't care, I knew what I had to to. I had to get revenge and avenge my friend. I got up, grabbed a knife, and headed towards the forest.

«»«»«»«»«»

I arrived at the tribal huts. I went into the one closest to me, making sure not to make a sound. I start by going into a hut and telling them not to scream. I manage to kill a teenage boy, a newborn, and a father. Managing to kill many more. Questioning them about the murderer. I left one tent and stepped on a twig.
"Hey who goes there?" A girl said
I looked at her and decided to spare her life.
"Run" I told her
She did. She stopped in a hut and ran inside.
I didn't think anything of it and continued the massacure.

«»«»«»«»
POV of Shawiwi

I was so thankful that he spared me, but my friends and family were not so lucky. I ran into the hut that our leader sleeps in. I ran to his bed side and started to harshly shake him.
"Wake up!" I demanded in the quietist voice I could muster. He groaned a bit before his eyes flickered open.

"What is it Shawiwi? Can it wait till sunrise?" He asked groggily.

"We have to get out of here," I said, "There is a guy who is killing everyone outside. Hurry! We must go!"

"If he is killing everyone, how come you and I are still here, breathing, alive, and more or less healthy?" He asked with one eyebrow crooked and his sleep-filled eyes looking straight at me.

"He spared me, and now I'm trying to save you, so c'mon!" I yanked him out the back-way, and we fled through the forest.

«»«»«»«»
POV of Harmony

I saw Daniel get up and walk on the beach, I didn't follow him though. I knew he needed some time alone.
I leaned against the cave wall, carving a log into a dolphin. I tried not to let my thoughts wander as I let my blade slide over the wood, causing pencil-shaving like bits to fall off. I didn't want to ponder the death of our friends, or the death that we caused our selves. Tears blurred my vision, and instead of blinking them away, I just let them roll down the side of my cheek. I suddenly realized I was shaking. I set down the half-carved dolphin and the knife and went outside. I picked up a rock and threw it as hard as I could, it didn't go very far. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a bright piece of fabric on the shore. I bent down and picked it up. I immediately knew what it was. It was part of one of my shirts in my suitcase. I wonder where the rest of my clothes were. Could the sea creatures be wearing my clothes? I suddenly got a weird image of a dolphin wearing my snapback, and a crab using my socks as gloves. I quickly pushed that thought away and took a walk on the beach. A walk on the beach led to a walk through the forest and that led to a walk up a mountain, then I got lost. Great.

«»«»«»«»«»
POV of Cierra

Why do the fish try to swim away? They know they are future breakfast, so just STAY STILL!! I threw my spear down but it missed. The sun started to peek over the horizon. I needed to get breakfast, it was Daniel and I that were suppose to get it today, but I didn't see him. I walked over to a washed up log. I noticed foot-prints leading to the forest. I followed the foot prints.
They led me to the tribe huts, but something was different. It was quiet, too quiet. Out of the corner of my eye i saw something sticking out of the hut. With my dagger in hand I walked over. I opened the tent and was horrified. What stood in front of me was Daniel, covered in blood from head to toe. He was beating a tribal woman with her own bloody severed arm and whispering 'tell me' over and over again. The woman, who was dead, lay there without a response, just her cold, dead eyes.